Attn: Helen

Forum: Spiritual Living

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Spiritual Living LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 21st, 2004, 06:39 AM
I Heart 4x4
How did the Wiccaning go?
December 22nd, 2004, 08:38 AM
Squirtsmama
THX for asking

Well it started around 8:30 and ended about 9:30pm

She was great he had Atermis and Apollo as his spiritual leaders when Pandora lit the candle for Atermis and said the chant the flame just jumped out of nowhere so I feel she will be a huge part of his path. He was annoited with oil, wine and water which he giggled about

He got to wear his cloak and and he looked so spiffy.Ill post the ritual with this message so it explains more. He got mis magickal name which is DragonStar Im really proud of him he did so good. She asked our friend Xander(his magickal name) if he would protect Connor for his childhood it was beautiful. Than she blessed the cakes (which were toffee cookies) and split the cookie in half and gave me and dh both halves and did the same for the second cookie for her and Xander Connor got a bite of mommys cookie he loved it he ate another one today. I think dh took pics so I will post them if he did.

Wiccaning Rite for Connor
Winter Solstice 2004

Each participant will be greeted into the circle by the Parents with their Son.
And be asked:
"This is our Son, Connor. Will you love and protect him, as he were your own child?"
Once they answer, welcome them into the ritual space. Instruct them to form Circle going clockwise/deosil.

Consecrate elements, purify space.
Quarter Invocations:

Guardians of the East, I call you forth to witness this rite and bring forth your blessings.
Welcome and Merry Meet.
Guardians of the South, I call you forth to witness this rite and bring forth your blessings.
Welcome and Merry Meet.
Guardians of the West, I call you forth to witness this rite and bring forth your blessings.
Welcome and Merry Meet.
Guardians of the North, I call you forth to witness this rite and bring forth your blessings.
Welcome and Merry Meet.
Cast Circle:
Invocation of Deity:
"We call upon Artemis, silver sister, protector of the young. We ask you to join us and welcome this child to the moon lit Earth." <light Silver candle> "We bid you Welcome and Merry meet."

"We call upon Apollo, golden brother, God of heroes and poets. "We ask you to join us and welcome this child to the sun lit Earth." <light Gold candle> "We bid you Welcome and Merry Meet."

"We meet tonight in this Circle to ask the blessings of the Goddess Artemis and the God Apollo on Connor, Son of Helen and Brian.
There are many paths, and each must find their own. Therefore, we do not seek to bind Connor to any one path while he is still too young to choose; rather we ask the God & Goddess to protect and prepare him through his childhood. So when he is truly grown, he will know without doubt or fear which path is his, and he will walk it gladly."

Motion Helen & Brian approach with Baby.

"Is there a hidden name you wish to give to Connor at this time?"

Parent(s) respond: No, or Yes, _________.

"I anoint you Connor with Oil, <And give you the hidden name, _______>."

"I anoint you with Wine, in the name of Apollo. God of the Sun, while in His protection, may He bless you with His gifts of light & truth, the arts and eloquence. "

"I anoint you with Water in the name of Artemis. Goddess of the Moon, while in Her protection, may She bless you with Her gifts of Nature & Magic, Enchantment and the Joy of Youth."

Hand Connor back to parents. Lead then to the quarters to present Connor to the elements.

"Guardians of the East, we present to you: Connor <whose hidden name is _____>.
Who has been anointed within this Sacred Circle, bestow upon him the gifts from the realm of Air, and hear you that he is under the protection of Artemis and Apollo."

"Guardians of the South, we present to you: Connor <whose hidden name is _____>.
Who has been anointed within this Sacred Circle, bestow upon him the gifts from the realm of Fire, and hear you that he is under the protection of Artemis and Apollo."

"Guardians of the West, we present to you: Connor <whose hidden name is _____>.
Who has been anointed within this Sacred Circle, bestow upon him the gifts from the realm of Water, and hear you that he is under the protection of Artemis and Apollo."

"Guardians of the North, we present to you: Connor <whose hidden name is _____>.
Who has been anointed within this Sacred Circle, bestow upon him the gifts from the realm of Earth, and hear you that he is under the protection of Artemis and Apollo."

Return and face the altar.

"Mighty Apollo bestow upon this child the gifts of Strength and Wisdom
Gracious Artemis bestow upon this child the gifts of Beauty and Love. "

"Do you who are gathered here now promise to be a friend to Connor throughout his childhood, to aid and guide him as he will need; and in concord with his parents, until by the grace of Apollo and Artemis he will be ready to choose his own path?" <response>

"The God and Goddess have blessed him;
The Lords of the Watchtowers have acknowledged him,
The elements have brought their gifts to him.
His Family and friends have welcomed him.
Therefore, O circle of Stars,
Shine in peace on Connor,
<whose hidden name is ________.>
So Mote It Be."

Cakes/Ale, Releases, Open Circle
December 22nd, 2004, 05:52 PM
I Heart 4x4
How beautiful ... glad it went well!
December 23rd, 2004, 11:05 PM
AuntieFromBama
That is beautiful! How old is he?
December 24th, 2004, 06:18 AM