Pizza!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Recipe Connection LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 10th, 2008, 03:53 PM
maryslittlelambs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Okay, I wanted pizza tonight. I remembered I had some flour tortillas in the fridge...just 15g of carbs, so 1 carb serving. I put a bit of spaghetti sauce on it and then topped it with mozzerella cheese. I popped it in the oven at 350 for about 7 minutes till the cheese was nice and toasty brown. Next time I'll add some veggies to it, but I just had a craving for cheese pizza.
Not the lowest carb count, but it helps with the need for pizza!

Thank you *kiliki* for the beautiful siggy!

January 18th, 2009, 01:49 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ccwantsbfp
Lurking...I will try this recipe...thanks!!!
March 24th, 2009, 08:55 PM
Regular
I tried this. Well, a variation of it. I looked online and found a recipe that said I should place one shell on top of another. I tried it and the top shell ended up curling up and not really sticking to the bottom shell. So it didn't really work out the way I'd wanted it to. Probably because I didn't brush the shells with EVOO like the recipe called for.

I think if I tried it with just one shell and some mushrooms or something, it might be really tasty!
June 4th, 2009, 07:40 PM
fresh's Avatar Veteran
yumm, good idea!
August 7th, 2010, 03:51 PM
sweet7696's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just made this.... It was delicious!!!! Thank you!

August 31st, 2011, 09:59 PM
Alaska-Su's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I thought about doing this today but the cheese isn't just a protein it's a fat and to get a good covering I'd need to put more on there than would be one serving.

I used to make tortilla pizzas all the time as a kid. I'd use two tortillas and put everything into one of those double sandwich makers (I've seen them at Wal-Mart for $10) and that closes it all nicely while still heating the sauce and melting the cheese.

Thanks Tasha_Mae for my siggy!!

September 1st, 2011, 08:19 AM
Hazel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been doing this for years for my kids as an occasional lunch--they love it My oldest has been bugging me for a while to have this for lunch soon so I really should pick up the ingredients I make up my own pizza sauce by mixing tomato paste with olive oil and basil/oregano--we like our sauce a bit thicker! And then I add a layer of spinach before I add the cheese--my kids like the taste of the spinach on their pizza but if they see it, they don't want to eat it

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search