*Edited* Banana Chocolate Smoothie

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Recipe Connection LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 9th, 2011, 02:27 AM
Alaska-Su's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I decided to just come up with my own banana chocolate smoothie recipe. It needs some tweaking so feel free to add more of something or take some of whatever out (like the cocoa powder lol).

-1 Medium Banana

-1/2 c Milk (I used 2%)

-1/2 c Non-fat Greek Yogurt

-2 Tbsp Hershey's Unsweetened Cocoa Powder

-5 Packets of Splenda

-1 tsp Vanilla flavoring

Basic GD nutrition facts: This recipe contains roughly 52g of Carbs, 245 Calories, 16g of Protein, 3.5g of Fat.

Don't let the carbs fool you, I know everyone is different, but after an hour, my blood sugar was only 84 mg/dL. I was shocked. I thought it would be higher because I'd gone over 45g of carbs (which usually gives me a reading between 110-116) and because my dinner was so bad (fried chicken, mashed potatoes, a roll, and regular soda) and I'd only eaten my dinner 4 hours before.

I suggest if you want to give this exact recipe a try (it's very chocolatey and thick) do it for lunch or dinner when you're allowed more carbs. Then test your blood sugar. If it's high, tweak it by using water instead of milk to thin it out, using less cocoa powder so you only have to put in half a banana, whatever you can think of that will take off the carbs.

The banana was the most carbs. I don't actually know what this particular banana had in it when it comes to carbs, but my list says that half a medium banana is 15g of carbs.

***EDIT***

Made this again this morning but I used the minimum amount of ingredients. So this is lighter in texture and chocolate.

-1 cup 2% Milk
-1/2 a Medium Banana
-1 Tablespoon Cocoa Powder
-1 tsp Vanilla Extract
-2 Packets of Splenda

Basic nutrition facts for those of us with GD: 182.2 calories, 5.5g fat, 8g protein, 30g carb.

According to my meal guide, this is a complete breakfast except that it's missing 1 serving of fat.

Thanks Tasha_Mae for my siggy!!

Last edited by Alaska-Su; September 9th, 2011 at 11:05 AM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search