Good Luck Beth!

Forum: Adoption

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Adoption LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 5th, 2008, 07:49 PM
m_westbro's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Just wanted to say best of luck with your home study interviews tomorrow. I'm sure you'll do great!!

Please post and update us on how it goes!!

my photog blog / my family blog
May 6th, 2008, 03:41 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Wow! It's almost here! You'll do great!!!
May 6th, 2008, 06:39 AM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
Yes, please let us know how it goes!
May 6th, 2008, 07:53 AM
SarahBethsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
She's talking to my DH right now. They've been talking about 2 hours now. WOW! He doesn't talk to anyone that long. I hope that is a good sign. When they are done it'll be my turn. Thanks for the well wishes. I'll be updating later when she leaves and let you know what I thought.

Thank you to AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggie!
May 6th, 2008, 10:30 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'll bet that's a very good sign!
May 6th, 2008, 01:57 PM
Can't wait to hear an update from you! Hope it went well. LOL @ dh never talking to anyone for that long, my dh is the same way!

May 6th, 2008, 03:55 PM
SarahBethsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well, it went great! The SW was very impressed with what we had already done with the home. She only wanted the fire extinguisher put a different place and we have to buy a locking box for our medications. That should be interesting. I have a lot of medicines (OTC mostly, but she said all have to be locked up). DH had to leave for work right when they finished talking, so I haven't been able to talk to him about it. My interview went really well I think. She wasn't as personal as I expected, so that was awesome. She did ask about some hard topics, but I expected them all. I had to tell her about a really bad relationship I was in when I was in High School and then we had to talk about my brother's death and Bryan Luke's death. Which of course, was also very hard. But she said she was impressed at how far we have come in our process of grieving and how amazed she was that we were so young and dealing so well with it. She said she and the director were a bit concerned when they saw our application since Bryan Luke died such a short time ago, but after talking with us she feels confident we are ready.

I hadn't gotten to tell you all yet, but DH and I decided we would also like to foster children. She was glad of that and thought our house would be great for that. She said she really thought we could approved (pending the fingerprints get back and we get all the other paperwork finished) for fostering by the end of June. She thinks we might even get a referral for an adoption (of an already TPRed child or sibling group) by the end of the summer or beginning of October. That's just amazing to me! She also mentioned she was thinking we might be able to offer respite care of a pair of twins some friends of ours have right now. They think they have respite already lined up, but if not, they'd allow us to do it! The twins were preemies and are only about 2 months old. I'd LOVE to do that!

When she was getting ready to leave she said, "I can't wait to get back and start typing all this up! You guys are going to be great foster and adoptive parents." I thought that was VERY promising.

So we have a few more classes (last one on June 1) and then one more home study. Then it will be hurry up and wait. I'm excited out of my mind!!!

Thank you to AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggie!
May 6th, 2008, 04:03 PM
YAY!!!! It sounds like it could not have gone any better and wow @ having a child/children by the fall!!! I am so happy for you!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search