It's official!

Forum: Adoption

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Adoption LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 27th, 2008, 09:12 AM
Melanie.'s Avatar Totalimmortal
Hi girls! I've posted a few times here about a year and a half ago, but I'll re-introduce myself. I'm Melanie, 18 about to turn 19, married to Jesse who is 21, and we have 3 month old Audrey Jane biologically.

Just some back history: I've always been very curious about adoption. A few members of my family were actually put up for adoption when I was a child. One of them was my step-sister that I was (kind of) raised with until she turned 6. Her mother was married to my father and she was very abusive, verbally and physically because she was a girl and her mother wanted all boys. But, she got a wonderful home with an older couple who couldn't have children and they were really great to her. I got to visit her a few times right after the placement and was very happy for her.

So, ever since then, I've always had a great feeling about adoption and I've always wanted to adopt children of my own. I became pregnant last June, unplanned of course, and had our daughter Audrey in March. I absolutely LOVE being a mom and I can't wait to have more when we are finacially ready. DH is a Nurses' Aide right now and is still in school to become a Registered Nurse. I'm starting classes in the fall, majoring in Education, and we are officially going to be applying on my 21st birthday in 2010. I've read up that most places want you to be married and both of you atleast 21. So, then we will be filing paperwork and putting together our photo album and all of that.

I'm pretty sure we will be filing for a Domestic Adoption in the US with a Newborn-5 years old child with twins and sibsets as a possibility! I'm so excited, but I still have SO much research to do, and I'm hoping you girls with experience can help me out!
May 27th, 2008, 10:36 AM
SarahBethsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like you are doing a great thing! Waiting is awesome. You need some time to just be married and get used to your sweet little girl. And BTW, she is beautiful!! You'll have some good time to really research and see what type of child you and your DH can parent the best. I think that has been the hardest for me to realize. I cannot parent every child the best that they deserve. I have a 2 year old and I just cannot take some situations into a home with my young daughter. But, I can be a great parent to many children and those are the ones we've applied for.

DH and I have 2 more MAPP classes and one more homestudy before we can be approved as a foster and adoptive home. We are so excited!! We really hope to have foster children placed in our home by the beginning of autumn.

Welcome here! Hope you find many answers to your questions.

Thank you to AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggie!
May 27th, 2008, 01:31 PM
m_westbro's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome to the board and congrats on your decision to adopt! It's great you'll have lots of time to prepare, then when you get started, you'll have all the research out of the way. Your daughter is adorable!

my photog blog / my family blog
May 28th, 2008, 04:14 AM
Platinum Supermommy
That's great news! Congrats!!!! Just let us know if you come across any questions

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search