Log In Sign Up

Our first overnight


Forum: Adoption

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Adoption LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
  #1  
July 5th, 2008, 02:54 PM
SarahBethsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 4,847
So we picked up Lil Buddy on Thursday around 4. He reached for me when I got to his house, which was absolutely heart melting. I asked her if he reached for lots of people, she said he doesn't even reach for her most of the time.

We got home and brought Sarah Beth out to meet him. She was very sweet. She patted him and loved him. Then she came in the house with us and got the picture I'd been showing her of him. She realized he was the same person in the picture.

He doesn't crawl or anything, but he does sit up. It was a little strange to have a baby to carry around again. I sent DH outside to play with them both and I cooked dinner. I made spaghetti. I put him in the high chair to eat. I gave him a little bowl of just a tiny amount of spaghetti to let him play with it. He never ate it, but he did enjoy playing with it. I tried giving both kids a bath at the same time. I'm definitely not good at that and I'll have to practice more if I plan to keep trying that.

He was no trouble to put to bed. His foster mom had told me to just put him down and let him cry for a minute before going back in there. He didn't cry at all until I started trying to put Sarah Beth to bed an hour later. She was crying and he cried too. I went in to comfort him and he went right off to sleep again. I got Sarah Beth to bed. They both slept until 7:30 the next morning. It was awesome.

The next day was pretty hectic. He really is a good kid, but he's still a baby and still needs a lot of attention. So I'll have to get used to having two babies who need a lot from me. Plus I've had a sinus infection, which makes me just not feel well. It's exhausting. But, I loved it. I really hated it when he had to go home.

I did get some good ideas of things I need to buy before he comes back on Monday. I plan to go to the store either in a few minutes or tomorrow afternoon. So all in all, it was really good! Sarah Beth was helpful 80% of the time. The other 20% she was either completely indifferent or jealous. Natural reaction.
__________________
VIEW MY BLOG



Thank you to AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggie!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
July 6th, 2008, 01:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 24,588
How nice!!! Glad it went well! I was thinking, with the bath, it might be helpful to get one of those tub rings that he can sit in - that way you don't have to juggle both at the same time - while you are bathing Sara Beth, he can play and splash

I'm so happy for you!!! You have inspired me to maybe pursue that one day!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
July 6th, 2008, 02:43 PM
m_westbro's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Texas y'all!
Posts: 17,144
Yay, I'm glad it went so well! How awesome that he reached for you. I can't wait to hear more about him!!
__________________


my photog blog / my family blog
Reply With Quote
Reply

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:31 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0