How's it going Beth?

Forum: Adoption

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Adoption LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 9th, 2008, 08:15 PM
m_westbro's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Is the little guy staying all week with y'all? Just wondering how everyone is adjusting!

my photog blog / my family blog
July 11th, 2008, 08:32 PM
SarahBethsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
it has been fairly good. He has moments of obvious fear and discomfort. Those usually happen just before bed. I feel so bad for him because I can't even imagine how all this feels for him. He cried through his whole PT appointment. I know he was just tired and ready for his nap, but his therapist said he had never done that. That statement made me feel bad too. I know it is because he just doesn't understand all this change. But I still am being tough. Very loving all the time, but tough too. He has to do tummy time which he hates and screams through. And he has this new gate trainer that he hates and I basically just have to put on my thick skin and listen to him cry through it because I know it will all be for the best for him.
But all that aside, he is just a joy. His laugh is uterrly infectious. Sarah Beth loves him most of the time. She has moments of jealousy but I've been incorporating her into all we do so that helps. I'm looking for a Moby wrap or something similar for him.
It really is just so much harder having two kids verses one. But I'm excited about learning!!

Thank you to AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggie!
July 12th, 2008, 08:28 AM
m_westbro's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Awwwww, poor guy! Don't feel bad though, the fact that he's crying and showing you that he's hurting is a good sign. He's definitely going to grieve and the best you can do for him is just offer lots of hugs and kisses. Keep him as close as possible (the Moby wrap is a great idea), especially after his therapies. I remember night time being the hardest time for my girls too, even Jacey at age 5.

As far as the transition from one to two, well, to me, it was the hardest one. But I bet y'all will get a routine down soon and before you know it, you'll be a pro at juggling everything. Good luck and keep us posted on how it's going, K?

my photog blog / my family blog
July 13th, 2008, 06:06 AM
Platinum Supermommy
awwwww - sorry That must be hard on you all - I can't imagine the things running through his mind and the new added stresses on you and the family. I'm sure it will all work out soon - once he gets the hang of coming to your house and your rules
July 28th, 2008, 06:28 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Just curious how this was going now? Any news?
July 29th, 2008, 07:59 PM
SarahBethsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just got him today! He will be staying here until he is either reunited or forever because we've adopted him. I hope it is the latter. I think he is teething because he was biting a lot and just a lot more fussy than usual. So I hope to update more later, but right now all is good

Thank you to AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggie!
July 30th, 2008, 04:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm soooo happy for you!!!!

« Our blog | Adoption | Why? »
Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search