2nd update Post 16# When is it okay to call the CM for updates?

Forum: Adoption

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Adoption LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 28th, 2008, 07:54 PM
LadyLacy's Avatar Super Mommy
I think its been about 3wks since they got my packet and i've not heard a word. I have no idea if they are waiting for my background checks back. if they'll be interested in scheduling the home study soon or anything. and I SO want to ask but I don't want to irritate the very ppl who are helping me/us to adopt.

TIA

M/C 6wks 4days Jan09 & 4wks 5days Nov 05, 3/25/09dnc[10wks 3d]Jan/24/2010[11wks baby stopped growing at 7+ wks]
November 29th, 2008, 07:51 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't know what the official answer would be, but personally I'd probably be on the phone with them first thing Monday morning - of course I don't have a lot of patience Especially with something so exciting!
Let us know what you find out! Good luck!
November 30th, 2008, 10:33 AM
SarahBethsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I call our SW and CM all the time. I'm always kind, and I let them know I don't mean to be bothering them. They usually thank me for calling and have no issues with the fact that they hear from me so often. I don't think they'll mind. I call about once every few days until I get an answer to my questions. You might also try email if you have an address for that person. Often they have time to check emails quickly and reply quickly but might not have time to give you a call.

Thank you to AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggie!
November 30th, 2008, 12:28 PM
m_westbro's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I say call! I mean, you're adopting for goodness sakes, how can you not be excited and want to know what's going on?!?! I'm sure they won't think you're bothering them, you're just checking to see where you're at in the process. Let us know what they say!

my photog blog / my family blog
December 1st, 2008, 12:29 PM
thank you all for the support! I'm emailing her now. I've noticed I get quicker responses that way. I know, I'm very excited, hence why I wanted feedback on this question

M/C 6wks 4days Jan09 & 4wks 5days Nov 05, 3/25/09dnc[10wks 3d]Jan/24/2010[11wks baby stopped growing at 7+ wks]
December 2nd, 2008, 05:30 PM
Jessa78's Avatar Super Mommy
Lacy, did you hear back from her yet? I've been checking here every day to see if you have posted any exciting updates! Good Luck!!

December 4th, 2008, 05:23 PM
Quote:
Lacy, did you hear back from her yet? I've been checking here every day to see if you have posted any exciting updates! Good Luck!![/b]
not yet but I just emailed her. I'm hoping to get an answer tomorrow.

December 4th, 2008, 06:51 PM
Good Luck! I'll be keeping you in my T&P all day tomorrow that the response makes your whole day!!

December 6th, 2008, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Good Luck! I'll be keeping you in my T&P all day tomorrow that the response makes your whole day!! [/b]

thank you Jessa, I didn't make it online yesterday and apparently that was no big deal. for the first time ever on emailing she didn't email me back the same day. Hopefully I'll get an answer on monday. I'm disappointed. I can only pray that things will move forward.

December 8th, 2008, 08:08 AM
well still waiting

December 8th, 2008, 07:57 PM
It will work out. No one can care as much as you and not be exactly what they're looking for. Our social worker told me the other day that this is their worst time of the year: teachers are reporting suspected abuse, kids are acting out because they're alone for the holidays, not to mention the fundraisers and other events they have to host to try to give kids presents, etc. She went on and on with what she's got on her plate right now. SO... I am hoping that your social worker has just been swamped lately (although that sounds awful now that I see it in print).

Hang in there, hon! And let us know when you hear something. I can't wait to see how things progress for you!!

December 11th, 2008, 07:05 AM
weird I thought i had updated. anyway

thank you Jessa! your exactly right. she has been swamped and things are hetic at the office. so she DID reply to my second email and agreed to come out next week! asking me to pick a day/time. so I picked the day my husband would be available in the afternoon. Though as it turns out, she said that he didn't have to be there but that it was good he would be. She is going to stop by and go over our packet w/us, she does think that our packet is complete it will be nice to meet her face to face, and to get another "chunk" done. I figure esp with Dh being available and going over info, at the very least, part of the home visit should get done I did tell her sorry and that I understood completely about being busy. I think my packet would have sat on her desk til things slowed down. I just didn't want to be forgotten. I do realize at this point, it will proably be the first of the year before things are ready to sumbit for approval w/the state, so I'm thinking maybe not licencing til jan/feb. and thats okay. feb/march was about the time frame we are getting a bigger van, so that kind of, works out that everything comes together at once.

December 11th, 2008, 05:15 PM
Yay!!! I just cheered out loud and my DH laughed at me! * I called our social worker on Monday and rambled on her answering machine for two minutes and when she called me back the next day, laughing at me, she said she knew I was just making up a reason to call her so she'd keep my application on the top of the pile. You're absolutely right, I said.

Please keep us updated, hon. I'll be keeping you and yours in my T&P each step of the way!!

December 14th, 2008, 05:50 PM
Quote:
Yay!!! I just cheered out loud and my DH laughed at me! * I called our social worker on Monday and rambled on her answering machine for two minutes and when she called me back the next day, laughing at me, she said she knew I was just making up a reason to call her so she'd keep my application on the top of the pile. You're absolutely right, I said.

Please keep us updated, hon. I'll be keeping you and yours in my T&P each step of the way!![/b]

lol on both things! my dh would think I was very silly. and thats exactly right. I think thats why she's coming wednesday. cuz we reminded her we were out there. aw thank you! and I'll do the same for you all.

December 16th, 2008, 03:53 PM
Please let us know how it goes tomorrow, hon! I'm so excited for you!!

December 17th, 2008, 11:04 PM
Quote:
Please let us know how it goes tomorrow, hon! I'm so excited for you!! [/b]

appt scheduled to go over papework on wed 17th Dec.-Done. One medical check left (she didn't send enough w/the packet, I thought maybe the toddler was young enough not to need one, 2 papers to fill out (for background checks I think on the 2 youngest, 3 references to get turned in and a home inspection in Jan 09 left to do. Seeking approval for 3 fks/foster to adopt. thats how many we can have total to add to our home due to law and sq footage. also following that, the next adoption meeting after that, our file will be reviewed and if approved, certificate sent and search for a match done. we are excited though and feel its something we are meant to do. course we look at each other and go we could have 8 kids in the house in 2009

December 21st, 2008, 04:51 PM
8 kids!! I would love to be a fly on the wall in your house then, just to see you work miracles all day long!! Good Luck and please KUP!

December 22nd, 2008, 01:42 PM
Quote:
8 kids!! I would love to be a fly on the wall in your house then, just to see you work miracles all day long!! Good Luck and please KUP![/b]
so would I LOL. def will be kept busy thats for sure! thank you and will do. got the correct address for my last reference and tomorrow will make the medical check appt and work on the copies.

December 23rd, 2008, 05:12 PM
You're on your way!! I just love these kind of updates. Keep 'em coming! I'm going to live vicariously through you for the next few weeks, at least.

December 24th, 2008, 05:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm so happy for you!!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search