I need a birth plan

Forum: Adoption

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Adoption LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 20th, 2008, 04:14 PM
Veteran
I want a birth plan for my hospital stay, but I am wondering if there is one online that is specific to an adoption scenario... I haven't been able to find one, but that's how my husband wants it (if we can find it). Any ideas?

I am a proud member of the United States Air Force

I am a very proud wife of a member of the United States Air Force

We are giving our baby up for adoption because someone
can give him better than we can

My son is due on January 18, 2009 and I love him
more than life</div>"]</span>
December 23rd, 2008, 05:14 PM
Jessa78's Avatar Super Mommy
I wish I could help, hon, but I don't know what that is. I'll wish you Good Luck on your quest, though.

Edited to say: I just read your signature. I will be keeping you and yours in my T&P.

December 23rd, 2008, 05:46 PM
Veteran
Quote:
I wish I could help, hon, but I don't know what that is. I'll wish you Good Luck on your quest, though.

Edited to say: I just read your signature. I will be keeping you and yours in my T&P. [/b]

Thanks

December 23rd, 2008, 06:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Ana*Addey*OliveMommy
I am not sure. Sorry I can't be of more help. But I wanted to say you are doing such a great thing. As a women looking into adoption having ladies like you are wonderful! Thank you!

Do not mention on FB
December 24th, 2008, 05:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
First I wanted to apologize for taking so long to get back to you - I have been so busy with the Holidays and all - And most importantly I wanted to say what a wonderful thing you are doing - You are such a great person to do this, you will make someone the happiest person in the world!

Here is what I found, Hope it helps:

Birth Mother's Hospital Birth Plan

The birth mother has the right to work out a hospital birth plan, an agenda that lets everyone involved know what to expect on the delivery day. As you work out your adoption plan, work out a birth plan as well. Some of the issues to cover are allowed visitors, medications, room setup, breastfeeding, who gets hospital items (blankets and bracelets), baby photos, and privacy issues with hospital staff. When you are in the hospital, you are the parent and should be treated with the same respect that would be given to any mother on her delivery day. If you have any concerns, make sure you talk to your counselor so that she can see that everything is being handled the way you want it to be handled. Don't be afraid to speak up and share your thoughts and feelings. It's an important day and you have the right to say how you want things to happen and you have the right to change your mind.

http://www.aboutadoptions.info/birth-mother-rights.html

December 25th, 2008, 05:56 PM
Veteran
That actually does help a lot. =)

It's just kind of tricky because there isn't a counselor/agency involved. It's a private adoption with my husband and I, as well as the adoptive family (who we happen to be close friends with) working with the same lawyer to get the logistics worked out.

But that definitely does help. I think I'll just find a normal birth plan online... mostly we wanted a specialized one for issues like who is actually going to physically give the baby to the adoptive mother and all those little details.

December 28th, 2008, 08:09 AM
m_westbro's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow, I never thought about the need for that, but it makes perfect sense that there should be that type of plan for birthmoms. Maybe after your experience, you could write one that we could post here, I'm sure that would be very helpful.

Welcome to the group, by the way, and thank you for sharing your story with us.

my photog blog / my family blog
January 6th, 2009, 08:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
That actually does help a lot. =)

It's just kind of tricky because there isn't a counselor/agency involved. It's a private adoption with my husband and I, as well as the adoptive family (who we happen to be close friends with) working with the same lawyer to get the logistics worked out.

But that definitely does help. I think I'll just find a normal birth plan online... mostly we wanted a specialized one for issues like who is actually going to physically give the baby to the adoptive mother and all those little details.[/b]
My daughter is adopted and her birth mother is a friend of our family. We also had no agency, just a lawyer. I think some of the laws vary by state. However, I am pretty sure that if all the paperwork is in proper order, the adoptive parents should be able to carry the baby out of the hospital. If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me. I don't check this board nearly as often as I should and I have only posted on here a couple of times. (((HUGS)))

January 7th, 2009, 08:41 AM
mswordwiz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If this is a help, the birth mother for our sons is my godchild. Her birth plan is revolving around her C section, the usual who will be with her, pain control options, visitors etc... I can visit, but she is the MOM while both her and the infants (twins) are in the hospital. She will be the MOM while they are inpatients. I can suggest ideas for their care, but any major decision making will be done by the both of us with her doing the signing of consent. My role is extended family and cheering in her corner at this point.

I do not want anyone denying her access to those babies, at all. This is an open adoption and she will get to know her boys as they grow up this is our agreement and understanding.

On the day that they can be discharged from the hospital, that is when she is signing the papers with her atty who will handle the paperwork and filing with the court. The babies will go into the custody of her mom for 15 days until the waiting period is over in her state (just to be sure this is truly what my godchild wants), before the babies can come home with us to Atlanta and the paperwork will be completed shortly after they arrive here in GA.

The only agency involved is social services for the health and welfare of my godchild and her other 3 kids (because of some really bad circumstances with the father), and since this is a private adoption the worker is not really involved but is aware of the adoption and was informed of what is happening as far as the custody transfer and when the papers are signed and why.

We have provided for counseling for my godchild during her confinement and of course after the birth.
Brandon 6
Suzanne (1-18-2009)
Kyle & Luke (1-22-2009)

"Anyone engaging in illegal financial transactions will be caught and persecuted." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Sept. 19, 2008

Another day, another 72% for the same work, different pay......

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search