New here! Anyone adopt older kids?

Forum: Adoption

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Adoption LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 24th, 2009, 06:38 AM
Dacontay4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies! I'm new on JM! My name is Alex, my husband and I have 5 earthly children and 2 heavenly children, and we're expecting another baby in July

We adopted our oldest, our 9 year old daughter Mady, last April. Does anyone have older adopted children?
Mason Charles (1/3/05) and Kaydence Faith (4/30/10)

Check out my blog at
http://davealy.blogspot.com

January 24th, 2009, 07:09 AM
SarahBethsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
First of all, welcome to our board! I love meeting other mommies who have already gone through the adoption process!! Do you and DH have plans to adopt any more? Or are you complete now?

I know that at least one other lady has adopted older kids. DH and I would like to do that as our DD gets older. We'd like to keep her the oldest if possible. We're fostering one little boy now and very much hope we'll be able to adopt him. He's one year younger than my DD.

Thank you to AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggie!
January 24th, 2009, 08:44 AM
We definitely want to adopt more! My parents have been foster parents since I was a teenager and have adopted 6 children; one from Korea about 14 years ago, the other 5 just recently through foster care. Since they started, I've known that I would be a foster mom some day, and David is 100% on board! Not for several years though, once the kids get older. 6 kids are a lot as it is, especially with 4 of them under the age of 3! We may have more biologically as well, wherever the LORD takes us! Good luck with adopting your little boy! How exciting!!! My newest little brother was just adopted early January!

Check out my blog at

January 24th, 2009, 09:14 AM
SarahBethsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Awesome! I hope to be foster parents forever. I would LOVE to just continue having kids in our home always.

Thank you to AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggie!
January 24th, 2009, 09:39 AM
mswordwiz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We started with Leigh/Brandon who are siblings. They came into our home when they were 4 and 6. We adopted them in the fall. In August, Traci entered our lives. She is now 14. We can file the adoption paperwork in March for her. On Feb 20th our new additions will be living with us, thats the day our newborn twins arrive in our home!!!
Brandon 6
Suzanne (1-18-2009)
Kyle & Luke (1-22-2009)

"Anyone engaging in illegal financial transactions will be caught and persecuted." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Sept. 19, 2008

Another day, another 72% for the same work, different pay......
January 25th, 2009, 01:29 PM
Regular
Quote:
Hi ladies! I'm new on JM! My name is Alex, my husband and I have 5 earthly children and 2 heavenly children, and we're expecting another baby in July

We adopted our oldest, our 9 year old daughter Mady, last April. Does anyone have older adopted children?[/b]

Hi! Dh and I are adopting (5 year old girl - almost 6!!!) and we should be finalizing in May/June!

2/6/2008:Adoption Process Starts
2/8-9&22-23/2008:PRIDE Classes
3/18/2008:CPR Certified
4/25/2008:Fingerprints+APPLICATION IN!
5/05/2008:Assigned Social Worker
5/12/2008:References in
6/18/2008:HOMEVISIT Done!
7/08/2008:1st Interview Done!
7/17/2008:2nd Interview Done!
7/29/2008:Interviews Done!
8/26/2008:Homestudy done/MATCHED!
10/6/2008:First Visit with our daughter!
10/9/2008:Second visit!
10/15/2008: Third Visit!
10/17-18/2008: Overnight Visit!
10 - 11/14/2008: Visits continued!
11/14/2008: MOVED IN!!!</div>
January 25th, 2009, 07:37 PM
LadyLacy's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:

We adopted our oldest, our 9 year old daughter Mady, last April. Does anyone have older adopted children?[/b]
this is kind of where we are at. we are finishing up our foster care lic and here you get your file reviewed and approved by a committee and then circulated for a match from there. we are thinking of and hoping to adopt a 3-6 yr old dd.

M/C 6wks 4days Jan09 & 4wks 5days Nov 05, 3/25/09dnc[10wks 3d]Jan/24/2010[11wks baby stopped growing at 7+ wks]
February 2nd, 2009, 08:08 PM
Jessa78's Avatar Super Mommy
Alex!
DH and I are in the process to adopt a child through DSS. We are hoping for a boy or girl about 7-9 years old.
Congrats to you, hon, and please keep us posted. Your story gives me hope.

February 10th, 2009, 04:47 AM
Thank you for all the welcomes, ladies! I know I disappeared just after I joined, it's been a crazy busy last few weeks! Congratulations to all of you being finalized in the next few months! Mady's adoption day is only 2 months away, I can hardly believe it! We took a family trip to the Mall of America when our adoption was finallized. For the next few weeks the word "Mommy" came out of her mouth at least every sentence! She'd been waiting for awhile to finally be able to call me that, it was amazing!

Check out my blog at

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search