Hi!

Forum: Adoption

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Adoption LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 27th, 2009, 02:52 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi everyone! I'm Jessica (41) and DH is Paul (38). We've been ttcing #1 for about a year now and after 4 months of Clomid and 2 failed IUI's we've been giving it a couple of months while checking into adoption. I'm not new to JM, I co-host the Older Members board, but I am new to this whole adoption thing. Any and all information/insight that you can give me would be great.

We are looking to adopt domestically, preferably white newborn.....but with the cost of that, we aren't sure how that will work out. We've checked into doing Foster To Adopt thru our state (Washington) and have a phone appointment with a national agency tomorrow evening. I've got a client that's an attorney and have emailed him some questions about just using an attorney (sorry, I don't know the term for that route) but haven't heard back from him. DH and I are trying to gather all the information we can before making any decisions on which direction to go.

I haven't had a chance to really check out this board, hoping to do that within the next couple of days. But, I wanted to at least introduce myself and hope that I can get overwhelmed with "inside information" from you girls! I look forward to getting to know everybody.

January 27th, 2009, 08:41 PM
SarahBethsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome here, Jessica!

DH and I are foster to adopt parents. We have a little boy who is 21 months old who has been here since July and we hope we'll be able to adopt. Foster to adopt is not an easy process and if you are very specific on the exact type of child you want it might take a very long time. But if you are a little flexible on age range, race, medical issues, that kind of thing (not necessisarily all those) then foster to adopt is a great way to go!

Private adoption through an agency or just using your own attorney is expensive, but a great way to go if you want a newborn child. It depends on if you have the money to pay for it. There are adoption loans out there too though.

I hope you find your way! KUP on your progress! I'm a big proponent of foster care, but that's just because that is how I'm enlarging my family. It isn't for everyone, but I encourage you to check into it. Take the classes if you can to learn more (the classes aren't a commitment... just a step).

Thank you to AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggie!
January 29th, 2009, 12:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Beth, thanks for the welcome and the information. Our phone appointment didn't happen last night due to a communication issue, but that's supposed to happen this afternoon. Again, thank you for your insight on Foster/Adopt.

January 31st, 2009, 07:17 PM
Jessa78's Avatar Super Mommy

I'm sorry I missed this post. I am new to this entire process so I'm not much help but I want to wish you Good Luck on your journey!!

February 2nd, 2009, 08:52 AM
eash's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome to the board.
We considered domestic adoption before going with a Korean adoption. The wait for domestic white infants can be super long or else you may luck out and have a birth mother pick you right away.
If you are ever interested in int'l adoption, feel free to PM me. Good luck!
February 5th, 2009, 09:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I DID have a birthmom.....I actually found her here on JM in the birthmom board......but she told us today that she changed her mind and wants to keep the baby. Needless to say we are totally devistated I'm sure we'll give it a few days and then decide what we are going to do next.

February 6th, 2009, 01:26 PM
SarahBethsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Unfortuantly that happens often with private adoptions. I think that most agencies try very hard to screen through birthmoms and make sure they've made a final decision before matching them to adoptive parents, but even that isn't a guarantee. Nothing really is when it comes to having children though... even if you are pregnant with them yourself. It is all a risk of heartbreak. But when you finally find your child it will be perfect and all the other heartbreak seems so worth it. Good luck!

Thank you to AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggie!
February 6th, 2009, 02:11 PM
mswordwiz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so sorry that the birth mom decided to keep her baby, my prayers are with you and DH. I hope you still are looking into other adoption options.
Brandon 6
Suzanne (1-18-2009)
Kyle & Luke (1-22-2009)

"Anyone engaging in illegal financial transactions will be caught and persecuted." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Sept. 19, 2008

Another day, another 72% for the same work, different pay......
February 6th, 2009, 07:34 PM
Jessa78's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm so sorry, hon.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search