apparently all my paperwork is in

Forum: Adoption

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Adoption LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 30th, 2009, 04:09 PM
LadyLacy's Avatar Super Mommy
I called my friend and she told me she sent it in 2+wks ago. and I've already turned in the last few we needed. I emailed the CM but didn't get a response.

I think we are ready for the inspection but I haven't a clue when that will occur.

M/C 6wks 4days Jan09 & 4wks 5days Nov 05, 3/25/09dnc[10wks 3d]Jan/24/2010[11wks baby stopped growing at 7+ wks]
January 30th, 2009, 07:29 PM
Jessa78's Avatar Super Mommy
Oh, dear. You're going to have to nag her again. Don't worry, we've got your back.

I'll be thinking about you, hon. I hope she's just busy recovering from the holidays and preparing for the foster classes and she gets that inspection done asap. Please KUP!!

February 2nd, 2009, 08:03 PM
Lacy, how are you doing, hon? I'm keeping you and yours in my T&P.

February 7th, 2009, 08:34 AM
thanks Jessa, I think I'll shoot her an email today and then follow up on monday with a phone call. its been a month and my friend confirmed that she did in fact mail the paper in at the begining of the month. while, I'm sure she's busy. I'd really don't want to be forgotten til spring!

other than that just keeping up w/the kids, the house, helped my mom yesterday and doing the birthday thing!

How are you doing?

M/C 6wks 4days Jan09 & 4wks 5days Nov 05, 3/25/09dnc[10wks 3d]Jan/24/2010[11wks baby stopped growing at 7+ wks]
February 7th, 2009, 04:09 PM
I'm okay. Working a lot. DH is going to start working from home in a few weeks so we're busy building him a office here, too. Started the classes last week. Lots going on...

Hang in there and KUP, hon!! I'll be praying for your lil bean, too!

February 11th, 2009, 04:26 PM
well I was searching for something for church and goodness I found the medical check on my toddler I thought I turned in w/the last of the paperwork. she hasn't called or emailed about it, which tells me, I'm just sitting on her desk why does this have to be so difficult

thanks Jessa and thank you so much! hope everything works out for you all

February 11th, 2009, 06:14 PM
I'm so sorry, hon. It is really very hard, isn't it? The paperwork, the classes, the interviews, it's all very daunting at times and in my case, it's consuming. I think about it all of the time. The idea of getting to the end and then sitting on a desk makes my heart ache.

Email her again, I say. In our case, persistence cannot be a bad thing, right? Maybe tell her you've mailed off the paper and that you think all of your paperwork is in and would love to know exactly what she needs from you right now to make the rest of the process as quick and painless as possible for her.

Good Luck, Lacy. I'll be thinking about you!

February 12th, 2009, 01:21 PM
SarahBethsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I actually had to go to the DHR office a couple of times and get "seen" just because I figured that brought us back up to the forfront of their minds. Have you already mailed the medical check? If not, can you take it up there personally and just hand it to her saying, "Just found this and knew you had to be waiting on it! We're ready as soon as you can be for our inspection."

I know it's hard... the paperwork just seems endless sometimes and then there is the waiting which is worse.

Thank you to AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggie!
February 12th, 2009, 05:32 PM
thank you both. I plan on taking it in first thing in the morning just for that reason. I actually wouldn't see her but the receptionist gives it to her. I'll leave her a note w/that info though. I've emailed twice already. I'll turn it in and give her a call. yes the waiting is killer. I just want to scream at her, this is my life you have on hold LOL. I know her job incompasses more than I though I Just hate waiting......wondering what is going on. she sounded favorable when she was here though, so, I'm sure I just need to nudge her busy self. I can't wait to post that the inspection is scheduled and then passed.

February 13th, 2009, 06:03 PM
I found my youngest medical check, apparently I left it in the baby bag and didn't get it turned in w/the rest of the stuff in jan so I took it down today and w/a note that I was sorry I didn't get it in w/the other paper and I hoped everything is done and I hope to get the inspection scheduled and thanked her. so hpefully she'll remember we are alive over here.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search