It's a bit surreal

Forum: Adoption

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Adoption LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 24th, 2009, 06:44 PM
Jessa78's Avatar Super Mommy
So... my DH and I built an office onto our home. Thank you, tax rebate. Two weeks of hard manual labor and long, long hours and it's lovely. DH is happy and as of last week, has begun working from home. This means we can turn our former office back into a bedroom. To which I say, huh.
For the past six years, I've worked a job where my availability had to be from 6AM to 3AM. Last fall, during our 'peak' season, I worked eight weeks of nights in a twelve week period. Night rotations means I worked weekends, too. It stinks but I'd gotten used to having to do it. Then DH and I start talking about our son/daughter possibly wanting to see me on occasion and the very next day, I'm offered a Monday-Friday, 9-5 job within the same company, basically doing what I've been doing for the past six years but with a better job title. Right. Okay.
We're on week four of the RESOURCE foster/adopt classes and today our social worker emailed us to say that she'd like to go ahead and knock out the home study interviews tomorrow and Thursday so we can get our home inspection in ASAP.
Here's the thing. Things like this don't happen to me. I hit walls... like this ----> There is always, always, ALWAYS something standing between me and motherhood. For the past nine years, I have come at this problem every which way I can and every single time, it's fallen apart, usually at the last minute. So now, the closer we get to finishing our classes, the closer we get to putting ourselves in that database, well, frankly, the more I begin to feel like I've stepped into some sort of alternate universe.
Surely, this woman will meet with me tomorrow and hate me, even though we've met several times now and always gotten along well. Or she'll hate my house. Maybe it will get struck by lightning. Or I'll get struck by lightning. I cannot imagine getting that call, the one where a social worker asks me if I want to meet a boy or girl who could become my child.
Actually, and this is the really scary thing, I sorta kinda can imagine that. I never could before but lately, it's there, on the back of my mind, flirting with my sanity. I can see myself getting that call and being very, very calm right up until the moment when I hang up the phone and then I'm going to lose it. I am going to absolutely fall apart. That will be another first for me.
Until then, of course, I'm going to stick with my usual M.O. and pretend everything's fine. B) Nothing's happening. I will prepare myself for the worst. Denial is a beautiful thing and I am going to bask in it until a really good reason presents itself to do otherwise. Even if my inner child feels like this:
Oh, dear.

February 24th, 2009, 07:44 PM
SarahBethsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh my goodness! I'm so excited for you. It really sounds like this is all meant to be for sure.

Thank you to AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggie!
February 25th, 2009, 07:14 AM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
LOL! Seriously, I got goose bumps reading that.
February 25th, 2009, 02:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Jessa, this is very exciting news! I too got goosebumps reading. Good Luck, kiddo!

February 25th, 2009, 04:48 PM
Jessa78's Avatar Super Mommy
Thank you, Ladies! Your support means so much!! I am hoping and praying for the very best for all of us.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search