adoption and a past arrest ??

Forum: Adoption

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Adoption LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 25th, 2009, 05:41 PM
Not sure if anyone will know any answers to this but i figured its worth a shot. The adoption unit in my state recieved my application. The cori came back and mine was perfect.But i live with my mother and she had a dui about 16 years ago.I DID write this on the application.Didnt want them to think i was hiding it.They said it puts her in a different category and because she is in the home they need to try to waive it before home inspection even starts.They also said its alot harder and more work for us to do.Like proof of treatment and stuff.She didnt need treatment.She is not an alcoholic.We were out at an xmas party and she had maybe 3 drinks.I am not saying it was ok it wasnt.But it was a fluke thing and she got pulled over.She could not drive for 3 months and had classes to go to which she completed.Does anyone know how this is going to impact an adoption? What the mean by more work on my part? And is it true they can waive things like that?
February 25th, 2009, 07:48 PM
SarahBethsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry I don't know the answers. If she has proof that she did all that required and shows her good driving record since that incident I can't imagine they'd hold that forever! I hope they don't!

Good luck and keep us posted!

Thank you to AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggie!
February 25th, 2009, 08:22 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
I don't know either. Nobody's perfect, though. If everyone got arrested for everything they'd ever done, there would be a LOT of arrests out there, ya' know? Like you said, it was a fluke. Yeah, it was stupid, but it was a long time ago. Surely a human being will look at the apps on a case by case basis before tossing them all out the window, right?
February 28th, 2009, 08:53 PM
Jessa78's Avatar Super Mommy
to all of the above.

It sounds like your worker is going to fight for you, too. I wish you the best of luck!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search