Anyone adopted from Ukraine?

Forum: Adoption

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Adoption LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 22nd, 2009, 05:56 AM
Veteran
I'm looking for info and feedback. My DH and I recently found out after a round of IVF w/ TESE that we will never have a biological child so we are considering looking into adopting from possibly Ukraine or Russia anyone here have experiance?
June 22nd, 2009, 06:16 AM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
I don't, but welcome!!
June 22nd, 2009, 07:03 PM
Jessa78's Avatar Super Mommy

DH and I are in the Waiting-to-be-Matched stage of adopting through DSS. (We tried for years with medical assistance and I sincerely sympathize with what you're going through right now.) Since we plan on adopting an older child, I've done a lot of research on the subject and while doing so, came across the Rainbow Kids website. One of their contributors, Dee Thompson, caught my eye with her story - she has adopted two children from Russia, a boy and a girl - and the articles she has published on this site were fascinating to me, equal parts heartwarming and heartbreaking. I appreciate her honesty and her sense of humor and even though I'm not a fan of blogs, I check in on hers every few weeks or so. You can check it out here, if you'd like: The Crab Chronicles.

Sorry I'm not of any actual help but I wish you lots of good luck on your journey!

June 22nd, 2009, 09:21 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
Yes, Rainbow Kids is a great site.
June 24th, 2009, 08:26 PM
Hi, new here, but I wanted to chime in. As Jessa mentioned, I adopted my daughter from Russia in 2004 and my son from Kazakhstan in 2007. I believe Ukraine only allows older child adoption now. Check out Yahoo groups for adoptive parents re Ukraine. Russia is a good possibility, still, even though the process is a bit more complicated.

I used Adoption Ark for my son's adoption and I liked them a lot. Look on their website. They work in a number of different countries. They have young babies available in Russia.

If I were wanting to adopt today, I would likely choose Bulgaria. Lower fees, shorter trips.

Good luck!
Dee
June 25th, 2009, 05:54 PM
Jessa78's Avatar Super Mommy
Wow! Welcome, Dee. I'm so excited that you're here - although I wish I hadn't admitted that I stalk your blog.

All kidding aside, your story truly is an inspiration to me and I'm grateful to you for sharing it. So, thanks for that.

June 28th, 2009, 10:06 AM
mswordwiz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi CrabMom!!! I also am a big fan of your blog....
Brandon 6
Suzanne (1-18-2009)
Kyle & Luke (1-22-2009)

"Anyone engaging in illegal financial transactions will be caught and persecuted." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Sept. 19, 2008

Another day, another 72% for the same work, different pay......

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search