Step parent adoption

Forum: Adoption

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Adoption LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 7th, 2009, 06:49 PM
docsmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to docsmomma
Dh really wants to adopt DS1. He is 7 yrs old now, has seen DH as daddy for years. His bio father was seeing him for the first few years, then when he was 5 there was some abuse and we were able to get him protected. When he was 6, an order was put in for supervised visitation, but his father never once excersized that. Its been over a year now. Its been a few years since he's paid child support (which I honestly could care less about, I just want my son happy and safe). He has not contacted or attempted to contact me or DS at all. I have been in touch with his fathers mom and sisters this entire time and my phone number has not changed during all of this.

DH still wants to adopt and DS wants him to. Its not something we brought up to him but more something he brings up to us "daddy can you dopt me and I get your last name?" (many of his friends are adopted so he knows about it, and 2 of his friends were adopted by their step dads). And I would love him to be adopted by DH as well.

Does anyone have any suggestions for starting this process in California? Will my youngest sons health affect any of this? Does any one know what the process is? I know I have more questions but can't seem to think of them. We have been hoping to start this process in a few months. The last contact his father had with him was February 2008. The supervised visitation was ordered in June 2008 and nothing has happened since. I have been in regular contact with the agency that is supposed to supervise and they haven't heard from his father since June 2008 when he was ordered to be there. Which also tells me that he has not attended the mandatory classes he was ordered to take there (52 weeks of abuse prevention classes). The only contact we had since that order was him telling me to get all of my sons stuff from him. His sisters and mom all tell me that he destroyed every picture of DS and has refused to attend the classes he was ordered to or even mention him at all.
July 8th, 2009, 04:12 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
Sorry... I have no idea. Just saying hello since I know you from our PR.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search