Scrapbook Time

Forum: Adoption

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Adoption LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 2nd, 2009, 03:28 PM
Veteran
We are starting our scrapbook of our family for the social workers. I love scrapbooks! We have been working hard to get everyone together and to put in on this scrapbook. My neices and nephew drew pictures and wrote notes to tell the kid/kids what a wonderful family we have and all the fun things we do together. I really think it's important to get the family involved. Any ideas of anything else that would be good to add in? What kind of things have you all done specially for the scrapbook/album? Did you even have to do a scrapbook or album? Did your adopted child get to keep the scrapbook when he or she or they came home?
August 3rd, 2009, 11:25 AM
SarahBethsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Our adoption scrapbook had a page limit of 10. That was super simple. I had pictures of our family, our dogs, our extended family. I had one page that was just me (stuff I enjoy like baking cakes, Christmas and scrapbooking). One that was just DH and stuff he likes (like working on his old car, computer stuff). One that was just Sarah Beth and stuff we do with her (fun things like going to the park, zoo, etc.). And I had pages of our house. The room they'd be staying in and the outside backyard. I wrote a letter to the child and to the birthparents. That was it in that one. We just put it in a 8.5X11 normal school paper folder. (that's what they wanted us to use)

The other book for foster children was a bit longer. I included more about what we liked to do in typical days and such. I did this one in a real scrapbook with lots of fun embleshments and such.

We were told to not make it too overwhelming. In other words, don't scare them with too much stuff and too many people. Just let them see you and your house before they get there so they'll know a little of what to expect.

We are making a lifebook for our foster son and that is VERY detailed. I show it to him a lot, though I don't think he understands. That's something I think all foster and adopted kids should get.

Thank you to AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggie!
August 5th, 2009, 09:32 AM
Veteran
I am making two, one less detailled and one fulldetailed of our family so far with room to add the child in I'm soooo excited.
August 5th, 2009, 01:20 PM
SarahBethsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Do you know your requirements for them yet? We had to do two because one was to send to the state office that coordinates adoptions of already free to be adopted children and the other was for our local county office to show the kids as they were taken to our home.

Sometimes they do have some specific requirements and it would stink to put a ton of work in one that you can't use.

Thank you to AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggie!
August 5th, 2009, 07:38 PM
Veteran
Not yet, That will be a good question to ask tomorrow

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search