update from yesturday

Forum: Adoption

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Adoption LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 29th, 2009, 02:23 PM
Super Mommy
Well
I called the case worker today to give her the address that we got last night..it was a new one...i can never speak to the same lady..which annoys me! ...anyways so goes on to tell me that she has no clue about who im talking about..but will pass my info on.
I told her she needs to send someone to the address today..and she says well there has to be a complaint..and i told her to look on the file because there is a removal order and alert for my SO;s kid.
Then I ask her if they will contact us when they get him...probably not..he will be put in foster care...what the heck? i ask her why and she says well his father hasnt seen him in 6months...that is because she took off..and then she tells me they dont do custody..i know..ive had this conversation before. I was nice and polite and asked all the questions that came to mind. She told me to get a lawyer cuz we'd have a better chance then. really? in what day and age are we living in when a childs bio dad has to fight to get him back???
SOOOOOO
I contacted the court counselor..they are calling me back with an appointment.
I contacted mediation..we have a appointment oct 27... like that will work.but its worth a try
and then i contacted PAS(parenting after seperation) because its a course that is mandatory to take if you are going for custody of a child..so i have to take it anyways because of my daughter...so we go there tuesday and thursday next week.
Its just sooo confusing..im sure our visit with the court counselor will help. He is filing for custody and I am filing a contact order so i can see him when my SO is out of town.
But if the judge looks into everything..they are supposed to place the child where his best interests are...where would u place him?
sorry had to vent..im frustrated..but it will all work out.

October 5th, 2009, 09:22 PM
Jessa78's Avatar Super Mommy
Good Luck, hon. I know how disheartening all of the endless reams of red tape can be!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search