We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
So CW emailed me to say that I should be prepared to testify at the TPR hearing about what Lil Buddy's daily care is like and such. Also be ready to say if we still want to adopt or not. DH dropped the bomb that he doesn't really want to adopt Lil Buddy and I BROKE DOWN on him. I don't think he expected that. I told him that I've accepted that it is God's Will if he is moved back to his bio family, but I CANNOT accept that we would just give him to another adoptive family. I think he is scared. He doesn't understand the autism and is very frightened of the future for us. I say that Lil Buddy is my son. So DH came back after a couple of days and a few books on autism and he's decided that he can do it. He wants to do it. So we'll adopt if he's available for adoption.
The county where the bio family resides doesn't want them to have him. Sad situation all the way around. I just am not sure at all if it'll work for him or not. I'll just tell the truth at the TPR hearing and we'll leave it up to God for sure.
I find my hopes rising that he could be my son.
Nevermind. Got a call this morning that his bio family's county has decided that they WILL persue RU. However there is about 3-6 months worth of work to go into it. Sigh. It's just freaking ridiculous!
How long has he been in foster care? It sounds like you've had him a while and if his bio parents drag their feet they might just lose rights because of the ADSFA. Do you think they're really dedicated to getting him back or they're just trying to get him back for the sake of having him? *hugs* I'm sorry if you lose him
Maybe if the bio dad is fully informed of how much work this boy is he may realize he's not equipped to handle it and give up rights. It's stereotpical but most single (I'm assuming) men aren't equipped to be a parent to a health child, nonetheless one with special needs. Most people in general aren't really ready for that. I'm sure the case worker can talk to him and maybe help things along. While the "goal" is always reunification...good case workers can tell when that's not the best idea.
He won't have custody, but he lives with his mother and she might be able to have custody. They are well informed but hearing it and actually dealing with it are two totally different things, know what I mean? We have two many caseworkers involved I think. Our caseworker is amazing and is working hard for Lil Buddy's best interests. The caseworker in bio family's county (so kind of their caseworker) seems to not want to do the hard work that goes along with transferring between counties. Of course that's just my biased opinion, but we'vehad lots of issues. This really should have been done 6 months ago. Anyway, it's a very long and convuluted case.