growing by two

Forum: Adoption

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Adoption LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 31st, 2009, 07:50 AM
Super Mommy
for the week anyways..
right now we have SO's son...almost 2 weeks now...his mom said we could have him here till SO goes to work...welll she called last night and asked us to take her other two...4yrs and 4months..for the week because child services told her she cant be alone with them.. and her new bf works long hours...so we are taking them.
When she dropped SO's son off she told us that also but her sister took the other two for a while. Im confused as to why they wont just take them out of her care?
So today we are going to get proper jackets for them and pick up some clothes. SO is bringing them here now. Should be a fun week.

November 16th, 2009, 09:46 AM
Why can't they be alone with her? Did she abuse them? And if there's so much trouble with her doing that why not call your/her social worker and find out if the situation can be fixed so arrangements are easier.
November 16th, 2009, 11:33 AM
It is great what you are doing so these kids aren't placed with random strangers. However, I am confused as to how she has a 4 month old baby and a 2 week old?
November 16th, 2009, 01:23 PM
Super Mommy
dont get me wrong i love having them here... it would just be nice if she sent proper clothes..footwear etc with them. The baby came with no clothes and the 4yr old came with pants...no pjs no socks or underwear or shirts and his boots were 3sizes too small.
We have now had them for 2weeks and a little bit.
Im not sure why she cant be with them alone... there has been abuse and we have called the worker and she has yet to call us back. Its been over a week and we call every day .
I must have worded it wrong..my SO's son is 2yrs and at the time we have had him for 2weeks...we've had him for the month now..which is good...he is almost potty trained and is learning his abc's. We have court on the 30th to get custody of him..and we will be going for guardianship of the other two.

November 16th, 2009, 08:42 PM
I think you should really talk to a caseworker, if not to get custdy then to at least alert them to the fact she has inappropriate clothing a lack of a lot of it. I don't know where you live but where I am it's getting chilly. That's neglect, and if it IS cold where you are it's quite serious to have an infant and toddler without proper clothing. Even in the summer time it's not appropriate to bring them around half-naked. And sorry if I'm out of the loop, but what does SO stand for?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search