Hello there, new to this board....

Forum: Adoption

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Adoption LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 10th, 2009, 09:21 AM
LittleGirl+TwinBoys's Avatar Stay At Home Mommy of 3
Hello, my name is Kat, wife to Mike and mother to Hailey, soon-to-be mother to our Nephews Sebastien and Fabio (we are re-naming them Caden and Cole).

Our story is alittle different then some of the ones I have read on here so I thought I would write in and talk about it.
My DH and I tried for 2.5 years to have our own child and just when I was about to give up I became pregant with our daughter Hailey. I had a great pregancy and ended up losing weight instead of gainning it. I went into per-term labor and ended up having to spend a night in the hospital and then a week and a half at my MIL's house (she is a nurse in the l&d and she was closer to the hospital. Plus DH was working nights at the time and I had to be on bedrest). I went in 12 days before I was due to get a scan just to see how things were going and found out the fluid was low around her so they ended up deliering me early. Hailey was born at 3:36pm on June 23,2007 and at 5pm all hell broke lose to say the least. I started hemerring and was rushed in the OR were they found out that I had clots and a tear on my uterus.
I lost 1500cc of blood and I was pretty much out of it for two days. I had a blood trasfusion, it was a mess. I talked to my doctor and even though she said I could have more children I have always been scared about it. DH and I did try again right around Hailey's first birthday and after trying for a year off and on the subject of adoption came up. My in-laws are foster parents and they got a set of 3month old twins (boy/girl) and we had joked about just adopting them and being done with it. Well after they had the kids for 8 months that came to ahead I guess you can say. We started thinking of it more and more and said we would try for them. We were rushed into a foster to adopt class and we started taking the kids 10 days a month (that was all we were able to do by state). We went to the court date and it crushed us. We found out things didn't go the way we wanted and that they were going to try and give the bio father another chance.
The kids still stayed with my in-laws but the bio father came and saw them a few times, however turnned out that he just wasn't what was best for them. Around this same time my brother-in-laws twin boys were taken from their mother because she was proven to be unfit. My BIL can't take them cause he really doesn't have a clue what to do. So the state came to DH and I and asked us if we would be willing to foster them. We talked about it for a week or two and told them that we would foster them. Once we met them we fell inlove and told our family that we would be adopting them as soon as we could. At the same time we found out that the state is going back to court and taken away the bio fathers rights to the boy/girl twins and that our other BIL and his wife are going to adopt them. It is funny how things work out in the end. Now my DH and I are sitting around waiting for the state to move the boys into our home and for the state to move the other twins into our BIL's house.
We all should get our kids around the same time so we are going to have a house full when we have family get togathers.

BTW my DH comes from a house full of adopted brothers and sisters, he is the oldest of 9, 6 of which are adopted. DH and I are third gen. foster parents now so it kinda runs in the family I guess you can say.

Thanks for reading my story

Here is Hailey...

and here is the Boys...

Thanks to Vicki... 4 my beautiful siggy !!

[/CENTER]
November 11th, 2009, 01:35 PM
AlexKatieAiden Mommy's Avatar Linda
What a wonderful story. I guess you could say that I am adopting through foster care also. I have a 4.5 year old bio son and my 9 month old soon to be adopted son (biologically my nephew). I never thought of adoption before finding out that my sister was pregnant with her 5th, and her other 4 were in care (I had two of them). Today my sister is doing wonderful and got the two children back that I was raising but is still positive that she wants me to adopt the 5th one. I have had him since he was born and couldn't imagine parting from him but at the same time if my sister wanted to parent I wouldn't have stood in her way, though it would have broke my heart.
I have been rushing to get through PACE classes, adoption classes and getting everything done. I plan on fostering in the future but know I couldn't do it right now.
Its so great that everything worked out for the best for you and your kids are such cuties. Congrat's!!!

check out my My Etsy Shop See My Blinkie Gallery & My Siggie Gallery & My BLOG
November 11th, 2009, 03:00 PM
SarahBethsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Awesome! Congratulations!!

I'm Beth. I have 2 biological children... one on earth and one in heaven... and one on the way. I also have a foster son whom I LOVE. He's been with us over a year now and we are still working to decide where he will be permanently, but if he needs a home that isn't his biological family, we will take him in a heartbeat.

Welcome to our board!

Thank you to AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggie!
November 11th, 2009, 07:42 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome! We've also got one bio child, then adopted newborn, prem twins this June, also boys Its been a crazy ride, but well worth it! On the 23rd, their file gets presented to the judge, and they will officially be our's!

Marie's five kids are now 7,5,4,4 &2!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search