Introduction

Forum: Adoption

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Adoption LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 28th, 2009, 06:54 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi, I'm Kari (27) and DH is Brian (28). We have been TTC our 1st for about 27 months, one year with MA. We both had talked about adoption but thought it would be something we would try after we had biological children first. Well plans change and I feel like I have a new path.

Recently it became very clear to me that adoption is the way I'm suppose to become a mom. I'm not completely giving up on the idea of one day being pregnant, but pregnancy not a priority to me. I have always wanted to be a mom and that is what is most important to me... not DNA.

So, DH and I have had quite a few long talks recently and we are both 100% on board with putting our TTC efforts on hold at the beginning of the year and focusing on starting our family through adoption. We have two more chaces with IUI but are not even sure that we'll get to use them up (due to canceled cycles).

At this point I'm pretty "green". I've bought some books and am starting to really do some in-depth research online. I wanted to just quick introduce myself so that if you see me posting or asking questions it's not so random.

I look forward to getting to know you! Thanks in advance for any help... I'm surely going to need it!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

December 8th, 2009, 08:06 PM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey Kari!

I just wanted to say "Hi". I think this board is running pretty slow these days.

December 8th, 2009, 08:24 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi Kari I don't know too much about adoption, our private adoption fell into our hands, and we had a lawyer do all the paperwork. The regular girls here know alot more than I do. I honestly don't feel any emotional difference btwn my bio son and my twins, being a mom is a crazy strong bond, didn't matter to me where they grew for 28 weeks Good luck!!

Lucky mother to five!

December 17th, 2009, 08:41 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks ladies! This board is kinda running slow. I am officially done with MA and I can't wait to put my whole heart into our adoption process!!!!

December 17th, 2009, 09:56 AM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
hey hun,

i saw your post today. HUGS!!! im in the same boat this was our last month really ttc..and im 8dpo and the witch is showing..just isnt fair.

last night though we got finger printed for becoming foster parents and we got our application packet so im focusing on that.

December 17th, 2009, 01:15 PM
eash's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome to the board. I adopted my son from Korea a little over a year ago. Feel free to PM me with any questions.
December 18th, 2009, 09:23 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Christin that is so exciting!!!!

Thanks for the welcome eashley! When I get more deep into this I"m sure I'll have questions and be PMing people all the time!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search