3 More kids coming

Forum: Adoption

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Adoption LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 10th, 2009, 02:26 PM
SarahBethsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
On Sunday I'll get the two little ones. Then a week later, their older sister will come here... they want her to finish her school where she is now. I'll have 5 kids and one on the way. AHhhhhhhhh! I'm excited and completely freaked out too!!!!

Thank you to AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggie!
December 10th, 2009, 09:32 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow, you're much braver than I am, lol!
December 10th, 2009, 09:39 PM
Super Mommy
thats awesome!!!
im excited for you
we have 4kids here now and one on the way

December 29th, 2009, 06:37 AM
Veteran
Sarah, that's great! Good Luck... Are they your foster kids? Or are you adopting them? I've been thinking about becoming a foster parent (long term), but I still have an egg waiting... So, in 2010 we'll try & see if it will work. If not, we'll go forward with becoming foster parents/adoption... : )
- Conrad Hilton

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

December 31st, 2009, 05:13 AM
They are fosters. They are great in general. 5 kids is just HARD admittedly. But I'm loving it. I have another foster child who we are hoping to adopt. He has been here over a year now. These three will not stay forever. I love them but they are not going to need a forever home.

I adore being a foster parent. The only thing I hate is saying goodbye at the end, but I've had to say goodbye to my biological son who died before birth. We never know how long we'll have any of our kids. I just love them completely while they are with me.

January 3rd, 2010, 11:38 AM
LadyLacy's Avatar Super Mommy
Beth! congratulations!!!!! on your little one to be, and you still have lil buddy? thats great! and beautifullly said btw.

we still have our 2 foster girls. we have since gotten other calls but the only bed I have available is a girls bed so I've had to turn them down. They have no idea at this point how much longer these girls will be here. They fit in very well though.

no news on the adoption front. from what I understand its a word of mouth thing as far as finding and adoptable kid thru foster care around the ages we'd like but thats not panned out either.

I know what you mean we have 7 here and it is hard but I wouldn't miss a minute of it!

M/C 6wks 4days Jan09 & 4wks 5days Nov 05, 3/25/09dnc[10wks 3d]Jan/24/2010[11wks baby stopped growing at 7+ wks]
January 3rd, 2010, 03:13 PM
Lacy, how old are yours? I think if they were a bit older... or if even two of them were, it'd be easier. They all need everything done for them still. There is a 6 year old girl who is a help, but she can't do stuff like get her own food, etc. She still needs help bathing (not a lot, but some). All the rest are under 4. And I think Lil Buddy's special needs play a lot into that. I don't feel like I can give him enough therapy type attention right now.

Lil Buddy's court date for TPR is this Wednesday (praying it doesn't get continued again, but it looks promising this time). I SO SO SO want him to stay. But I know that if he is moved home I'll have to say goodbye. I just feel so strongly that he is MY son. It's a hard feeling to shake. I don't feel like that about these other 3. I love them, and they are super sweet and cute kids, but they aren't mine. Lil Buddy, however, is completely mine.

January 6th, 2010, 08:00 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How did it go today, Beth??
January 7th, 2010, 08:29 PM
Jodi Dawn's Avatar Host of the Jan-July 05 P
Send a message via Yahoo to Jodi Dawn
lurking but congrats!
January 13th, 2010, 07:50 PM
LadyLacy's Avatar Super Mommy
thats true Beth. I have a 15 yr old and a 10 yr old. who can help my almost 7 yr old can be a help at times too. the fosters are 6 and 5 and they can do things on thier own sometimes. that makes a difference. having to help them all would be very tough! ((hugs)) I hear ya about loving them but there is that difference. I'm so very happy to hear that lil buddy gets to stay!!! he IS YOUR son. I hope today went well.

M/C 6wks 4days Jan09 & 4wks 5days Nov 05, 3/25/09dnc[10wks 3d]Jan/24/2010[11wks baby stopped growing at 7+ wks]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search