May Check In

Forum: Adoption

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Adoption LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 1st, 2010, 09:59 AM
SarahBethsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'd like to hear from anyone and everyone at where you are in your journey. How are your kids? How is the process of certification going? How is your decision making process going? Whereever you are, update us!

I'll go first...

My three extra kids went home in March and are doing well there. I hear from their CW every few weeks updating me on their progress. They seem to be in a good situation again.
My Lil Buddy is still with us. We finished TPR (terminate parental rights) trial on March 15 and are awaiting a judgment which should come any day. The two options are he'll either be sent back to his paternal grandmother and custody will be given to her or TPR will be granted and they'll have 2 weeks to appeal. The appeal could take up to 9-12 months to complete. Very few cases are overturned on appeal, so I'm not worried it'd be overturned it just drags things on more. Once appeal is done we can apply for adoption. He is doing well though! He's 3 now!!

Thank you to AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggie!
May 4th, 2010, 01:11 PM
Bug-n-Ed's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My husband and I have been approved for domestic adoption since August and we are still waiting. I think that's the hard part. Once you've done all the stuff required to be approved, it almost feels like you hurried up to just wait.

I have been in contact with a couple of women on a different forum that are considering placing for adoption, but I'm not sure either of them will end up placing with us. One is leaning more towards parenting and the other wants to place, but I'm not sure we are the family that she feels is the "perfect fit".

May 8th, 2010, 09:18 AM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
All three adoptions are signed and the ink is dry-life is busy with the four kids-we just got all four baptized last weekend, very cute! Busy with the new yard and garden, planning a trip to Disneyland for all of us in ten days, life is good

Lucky mother to five!

May 8th, 2010, 04:57 PM
SuperMartianRobotMom6's Avatar Proud Mama & Happy Wife
Hi, Im Stephanie [19] Married to Darrell [24]... Since August 2009 . In December '09 we had a B/C oopsie.. Then a devastiating m/c. Then I stopped taking the b/c and we became pregnant in March '10 then another m/c in early April. We recently decided to start trying NFP while I go back to nursing school. After my second year of nursing school were going to start the process of international adoption. And hopefully adopt baby[ies] from Russia!

May 8th, 2010, 08:34 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm RJ, I'm 21, not married yet, but I'm already looking into adoption. I'd never adopt as a single parent because I know I'd never be able to handle single parenthood. Some women can, just not me. I (with my DH when I get married) would like to adopt from Germany, but I know it's difficult, so I was thinking China as well or domestic. I really don't care how we adopt (international vs. Domestic) but I just want to adopt, I'm adopted as is my adopted father, so it's kind of a family tradition I'm also a baby names freak so I've already got names planned out for all the children I think I'll have (2 boy names, 5 girls names, I'm trying to come up with some more boy names just because they are soooooooo out numbered.)

Anyway I'm more of a lurker I think this is like my 3rd post on this board, but I'll be lurking!

Thank you to the wonderful ladies who mad the blinkies!

"The Lord compensates the faithful for every loss. That which is taken away from those who love the Lord will be added unto them in His own way. While it may not come at the time we desire, the faithful will know that every tear today will eventually be returned a hundredfold with tears of rejoicing and gratitude..... These experiences, while often difficult to bear at the time, are percisely the kinds of experiences that stretch our understanding, build our character and increase our compassion for others."
May 8th, 2010, 08:36 PM
SarahBethsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey Stephanie, I'm in nursing school! I'm LOVING it. My mother and grandmother were nurses and my mother in law is a nurse. I always said I'd NEVER do it just because of that "legacy" but when Sarah Beth spent so much in the hospital after her birth I realized how much I loved the atmosphere and taking care of people. I should graduate in December 2011 with my ASN. Super excited!

Marie, I'm SO happy that your kiddos are all "official" now. It is so cool that you were able to get their sister too. Have a BLAST in Disney!

Tami, PLEASE keep us posted on your progress. I pray your little one finds you very soon.

Thank you to AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search