Adoption Profile

Forum: Adoption

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Adoption LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 16th, 2010, 10:28 AM
Platinum Supermommy
So Brian and I are working on our profile. We have a two page Q&A that needs to be filled out and then there are four pages that we can do with what we please.

Do any of you have advice for me? Got any profiles you would want to share as inspiration?

I started off today just looking through pictures, trying to get a feel for what I want our profile to say about us.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

May 16th, 2010, 11:59 AM
SarahBethsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ours was a bit different since it was for adoption through foster care. We had a 5 page limit on the one that was sent to our state office and our other one had no limit as it is to show the biological family and the children who are coming to our house for foster care only.

We put a family picture in there. I put a few pictures of what I and my DH like to do with our spare time (like baking, reading, working on cars, playing outside). I also added pictures of our rooms where the kids would sleep, our family who live near us, our dogs, and the backyard. Under/around each picture I added a quick caption about the picture. It was really just so the kids could get an idea of what to expect and/or the biological family would know their children would be safe. We were careful not to have any identifying things in our pictures about where we live (like a street sign, mail with address showing, etc.).

We also wrote a letter to the biological family of the kids and another one to the kids. I can email those to you if you'd like to read them.

But that was it. I know it is a bit different than what you are looking to do though.

My dear friend placed her twins for adoption 10 months ago and she showed me their parents' profile when she was pregnant. It was pretty much pictures and a letter stating why they wished to adopt and that they wanted their future children to know all about their WHOLE family (which I loved... since it wasn't saying that my friend wasn't their family anymore).

Thank you to AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggie!
May 16th, 2010, 12:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks Beth, I'd love to read your letter! Every little bit of inspiration will help us along the way. By no means do I want to copy some one else, we want our profile to show the BP us and who we truly are. It's just tough taking that first leap, ya know!?!

May 16th, 2010, 04:04 PM
3TeamH's Avatar Hayley
We're not there yet, but I hope you'd share yours when you're done if you can and are comfortable doing so.
May 16th, 2010, 07:06 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'd be happy to share with you guys! I think it's great to get other perspectives and ideas. Anything to make this easier for someone else, I'm game for!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search