TTC #1, but had a strangely wonderful dream last night!

Forum: Adoption

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Adoption LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 1st, 2010, 02:39 PM
AmandaEE's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to AmandaEE
My dream left me so emotional that I called DH as he was on his way to work and balled my eyes out!

In my dream, I found this baby girl left in a car seat in some building by her caretakers. They left her in this building to act as some type of shelter/security/safety for her while they were out partying. Clearly, they made some effort, but the point was that they really didn't care about the baby. I picked her up and she was dirty and had a wet diaper. I thought no one is here to claim her, how do I adopt her? She was about 6 months old and bald with a few stray hairs on top of her head, that were red. DH has red hair so I thought oh, she will even look like him! I found some woman who was helping me with the "legal" process and I just remember trying to come up with some excuse to keep her with me right then. I even said, how about I'll watch her while they (her caretakers) are out partying. There was such a connection with this child, I didn't want to let her go. I had this overwhelming sense of motherhood. I've been ttc for 8 years and this is a feeling I only get to have in dreams. It was just so special and I clung to it. When I woke up, I was so emotional. It felt so real and I didn't want to let it go...
June 2nd, 2010, 11:42 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I love it when I have dreams like this, mine was kind of the same thing, I have a husband in the dream (I don't right now.) but were in Germany at an orphanage. We were waiting to get our daughter, and then my cousin comes into the room with a little girl and she ran to me and called me Muti (I beleive that's German for Mommy) she had blond curls and brown eyes. I gave her a big hug and told her I'd missed her.

Thank you to the wonderful ladies who mad the blinkies!

"The Lord compensates the faithful for every loss. That which is taken away from those who love the Lord will be added unto them in His own way. While it may not come at the time we desire, the faithful will know that every tear today will eventually be returned a hundredfold with tears of rejoicing and gratitude..... These experiences, while often difficult to bear at the time, are percisely the kinds of experiences that stretch our understanding, build our character and increase our compassion for others."
June 3rd, 2010, 01:27 PM
AmandaEE's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to AmandaEE
OH! That's so sweet! I hope your dream comes true!

Thank you to AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful Siggy!
"Even miracles take a little time" -Cinderella

Follow my blog at http://jovieheart.blogspot.com/
June 3rd, 2010, 01:47 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaEE View Post
OH! That's so sweet! I hope your dream comes true!
I hope your dream comes true too Amanda!

"The Lord compensates the faithful for every loss. That which is taken away from those who love the Lord will be added unto them in His own way. While it may not come at the time we desire, the faithful will know that every tear today will eventually be returned a hundredfold with tears of rejoicing and gratitude..... These experiences, while often difficult to bear at the time, are percisely the kinds of experiences that stretch our understanding, build our character and increase our compassion for others."
June 3rd, 2010, 02:47 PM
SarahBethsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have dreams like that a lot too! I hope your child finds you soon whether it is by biology or adoption!!

Thank you to AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggie!
July 17th, 2010, 02:18 PM
My hubby once had a dream that we had a lil girl, the way he described her she was so beautiful. We bought her home from the hospital took her home with us to her room we decorated with "Pooh" and everything. He wants to become a daddy and wants his lil girl, and I want to give him that. I pray God blesses us soon, we've been trying for about 7yrs........We've also thought about adoption, so I pray u the best weither it be by adoption or having a child of ur own loins. Good luck and baby dust!!!!!

Last edited by Patiently Waiting; July 17th, 2010 at 02:21 PM.
July 17th, 2010, 09:01 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
In March 2009 I had DS1 who was two and a half, and I had just had my first failed IVF cycle. I had a very vivid dream one night of holding three newborn boys in my arms and saying to myself "what on earth would I do with three boys?". In April 2009, I got an out of the blue phone call asking if we wanted to adopt twin newborn boys in the NICU---and I had my three boys
Your babies are out there, and they will find their way into your arms. Expect miracles
July 17th, 2010, 10:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieJ View Post
In March 2009 I had DS1 who was two and a half, and I had just had my first failed IVF cycle. I had a very vivid dream one night of holding three newborn boys in my arms and saying to myself "what on earth would I do with three boys?". In April 2009, I got an out of the blue phone call asking if we wanted to adopt twin newborn boys in the NICU---and I had my three boys
Your babies are out there, and they will find their way into your arms. Expect miracles
Thank you for your post Marie! I'm glad to know I'm not crazy for having the experience I did/

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search