Update from me! ~~UPDATE 6-21-10~~

Forum: Adoption

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Adoption LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 11th, 2010, 09:14 AM
Platinum Supermommy
So our home study was approved about a month ago and it's almost completely written and ready for us to review. We are currently working on putting our profile together to add to the waiting family book, we ordered some adoption business cards with our 800 number, email address and blog address on them, AND we have our garage sale fundraiser next weekend to raise money.... I'm pooped out man!

I'm mostly excited for our adoption cards to arrive... TODAY! I can't wait to see them and start handing them out. I just want to get the word out there as much as I can that we are ready to adopt.... like yesterday

And our garage sale fundraiser is getting very big! I have been accepting donated items for a few months, lets just say my basement is FULL of stuff... I'm a little overwhelmed! I hope that it all sells and we are able to raise some funds for our adoption expenses.

Next thing on my list is to complete the profile, and I have to set up our next fundraiser (we'll be accepting monetary donations for puzzle pieces that will be put together and then framed, on the back of each piece will be the persons name that donated money and down the road we'll be able to show our child everyone that had a part in bringing them home ).

Just thought I'd give you gals a quick update! Hope you all have a great weekend!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

Last edited by Kari_B; June 21st, 2010 at 03:53 AM. Reason: Updated
June 11th, 2010, 11:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on getting your homestudy approved! That's great that you've got so much stuff your your garage sale! I wish I could help.

Thank you to the wonderful ladies who mad the blinkies!

"The Lord compensates the faithful for every loss. That which is taken away from those who love the Lord will be added unto them in His own way. While it may not come at the time we desire, the faithful will know that every tear today will eventually be returned a hundredfold with tears of rejoicing and gratitude..... These experiences, while often difficult to bear at the time, are percisely the kinds of experiences that stretch our understanding, build our character and increase our compassion for others."
June 11th, 2010, 06:17 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
Congratulations!!

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

June 11th, 2010, 09:10 PM
SarahBethsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love your fundraising ideas. That is awesome that so many can help you bring your child home!!

Thank you to AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggie!
June 12th, 2010, 02:02 PM
SuperMartianRobotMom6's Avatar Proud Mama & Happy Wife
Awesome!!

June 13th, 2010, 09:25 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Progress, woohoo!!
June 15th, 2010, 07:33 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks ladies! I'll let you all know how the garage sale goes... I'm nervous that we'll have tons left over, so pray that people show up and that they buy lots of stuff!!!

June 21st, 2010, 03:55 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Alright ladies, the numbers are in!

We were able to raise a little over $1,700!!!

And we gave out our information to over 250 people! That part really makes me smile! I just hope ONE of them has a connection with someone that *might* want to talk to us about adoption.

Come on phone... RING!

June 21st, 2010, 08:20 AM
Platinum Supermommy
wooo! those are some great numbers!

"The Lord compensates the faithful for every loss. That which is taken away from those who love the Lord will be added unto them in His own way. While it may not come at the time we desire, the faithful will know that every tear today will eventually be returned a hundredfold with tears of rejoicing and gratitude..... These experiences, while often difficult to bear at the time, are percisely the kinds of experiences that stretch our understanding, build our character and increase our compassion for others."
June 22nd, 2010, 03:01 PM
Veteran
Hey have you had any responses to your networking yet??
June 22nd, 2010, 04:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Well, not really. We gave out a lot of cards and have told a ton of people online about our adoption plans. I actually got a call today on our 800 number.... but I can't figure out how to listen to the message!!! I have to wait for DH to get home.... I hope it's good news, but I have a feeling it won't be anything. We'll see!

June 22nd, 2010, 06:09 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
Nice! Congrats. I hope that you get the call that will bring a child to you soon!!

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

June 23rd, 2010, 08:43 AM
Platinum Supermommy
What did the message say? was it good news?

June 23rd, 2010, 05:02 PM
SuperMartianRobotMom6's Avatar Proud Mama & Happy Wife
Fantastic!! Congrats

June 27th, 2010, 05:46 AM
SarahBethsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm anxious to hear about the message too. Congratulations on doing so well at your yard sale! That is awesome!

Thank you to AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggie!
June 30th, 2010, 11:01 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hey ladies... sorry I didn't update sooner... not great news.

The message ended up being 20 seconds long and was called from a payphone in Denver. It was just dead air. Who knows... but for now it was nothing.

I'm still anxiously awaiting the phone to ring again, or to get an email from somebody. I have lots of people who have handed out my cards as well, so maybe someday soon we'll make a connection!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search