Newbie here :)

Forum: Adoption

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Adoption LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 19th, 2010, 09:02 AM
angel3y35's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies. I'm Paige (28) and DH is Matt (28). We've been TTC for almost 2 years with 1 loss. We've been discussing adoption ever since we got married because we knew that it would be very difficult if not impossible for me to get pregnant and even harder to get a sticky bean. I called an agency Tuesday and DH and I talked Thursday night about everything. We're giving Clomid one more try next cycle and then starting the process. I'm SO excited!!! We really lucked out and fell in love with the first agency we talked to. In Alabama there is a 5 day "grace" period where the biological parents can change their mind, no questions asked. This agency will let you know when you're moving towards the top of the list so that you can be prepared but won't actually tell you that the biological parents have chosen you until that 5 days over and the baby is legally yours. I know this isn't ideal for everyone but we love it. We're going to go ahead and do the finger prints and child abuse network check in the next week or two because it can take so long for that to go through and then start the application in about 6 weeks!!!

I look forward to getting to know you all.

Thanks to :shortcake: for my siggy

Our adoption miracle born 12/31/13

06/2004 - Lap for endo and cysts
08/2006 - Lap for endo and cysts
02/2010 - Lap for endo, cysts, and hydrosalpinx repair
02/2011 - Lap for endo, cysts, and RSO
12/2011 - TAH and LSO
5/2012 - Lap for adhesions
4/2013 - Lap for adhesions
Stage IV endometriosis, sever adenomyosis, PCOS, IC
June 20th, 2010, 04:58 AM
SuperMartianRobotMom6's Avatar Proud Mama & Happy Wife
Awesome Awesome Awesome!!!

Thats phenominal!! Good luck to you in all your baby-making ventures!

June 20th, 2010, 12:24 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
Congratulations!!

Thank you PrincessMom08 for my beautiful siggy!

June 21st, 2010, 03:53 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hey Paige! I've already chatted with you but I'm still so excited about this process for you!!!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

June 21st, 2010, 08:23 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on starting the adoption process! Welcome to the board!

Thank you to the wonderful ladies who mad the blinkies!

"The Lord compensates the faithful for every loss. That which is taken away from those who love the Lord will be added unto them in His own way. While it may not come at the time we desire, the faithful will know that every tear today will eventually be returned a hundredfold with tears of rejoicing and gratitude..... These experiences, while often difficult to bear at the time, are percisely the kinds of experiences that stretch our understanding, build our character and increase our compassion for others."
June 22nd, 2010, 02:59 PM
Veteran
I will tell you there are good and bac things to not knowing your matched until it's final. We are currently waiting to adopted and we were matched with a birthmom in April. The baby was born in May we were there and spent the first 24 hrs with her taking care of her and then the birthmom changed her mind. It was SO devistating. I mean we knew it was always possible but to actually have it happen after you fall in love with that sweet beautiful baby and to go home empty is really difficult. We are still anxiously waiting for another matching and praying it won't be too long.
June 27th, 2010, 05:49 AM
SarahBethsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Paige, I'm also from Alabama. I am a foster to adopt mommy though, not private adoption. Welcome to our board!

I hope you get a call quickly that your baby is ready to come home. How exciting and crazy it'll be to go from just you guys to a family of 3 so quickly!! I can't wait to hear about it!

Thank you to AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search