Another Baby...

Forum: Adoption

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Adoption LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 25th, 2010, 06:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We got a call from one of our good friends. His sister has a 8 week old baby that is being taken away for many reason. He called because he knew that we were pursuing adoption and had talked with his parents about the possibility of us adopting.

We don't know much for details at the moment. Since the baby is being taken away from the mother, she will have no further contact with the child, but obviously we know the babies Uncle and Aunt and Brian grew up with his/her uncle and he knows his parents really well too, so we'd always have contact with them.

There is still a LOT that could happen with the baby. His friends parents or the birth fathers parents could still decide to parent the child, but it is sounding like adoption is really what they are looking for.

I wish I had more news to share... all I know is that the baby is 8 weeks old and currently is in good health, aside from having a broken leg. We are going to call our friend back tonight to get more details and see where things are going to go from here. Who knows... we just might be parents to an 8 week old baby in the coming weeks. Please pray for a good outcome, no matter what happens this baby deserves a safe and happy home to go to!

**UPDATE*** We just talked with our friend again. The baby is a boy, just about 7 weeks old, has three healing broken ribs and a broken (in three spots) left femur. Baby is in the foster care system as of right now. Both parents rights have been terminated and they are allowed no more contact with the child at all. This all happened today.

Does anybody know if it would be possible for US to be foster parents for this little boy while the decision is made? We are homestudy approved, and have had all of the back ground stuff done, but is there other paperwork that would need to be filled out or completed, or because of the special circumstances could we be approved quickly so that this baby is in our home, in the event that we possibly are able to adopt.

My mind is spinning.... I guess we'll see what happens with the courts and whatnot.

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

August 25th, 2010, 07:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't know about the foster thing, I have no experience with it, sorry Kari!

but OMG that little boy is so hurt! I'm tearing up just thinking about how much pain that baby must be in right now. Even though I don't know his name, I'll keep him in my prayers.

PS, do you have a name for him? I realize you may not be able to post it for privacy reasons, but if you are able to adopt him, are you planning on keeping the name he was given at birth?

Thank you to the wonderful ladies who mad the blinkies!

"The Lord compensates the faithful for every loss. That which is taken away from those who love the Lord will be added unto them in His own way. While it may not come at the time we desire, the faithful will know that every tear today will eventually be returned a hundredfold with tears of rejoicing and gratitude..... These experiences, while often difficult to bear at the time, are percisely the kinds of experiences that stretch our understanding, build our character and increase our compassion for others."

Last edited by future_adoption_mommy; August 25th, 2010 at 07:27 PM.
August 25th, 2010, 08:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I know, I cried when I heard what had happened to him. I guess his ribs were probably broken some time around 2 weeks old and the leg soon after that. So they are all healing and he's probably not in any pain NOW... but to think about the pain that poor, sweet innocent little boy went through just breaks me apart.

As far as his name goes, I won't say anything on here for privacy purposes. Since they are good friends of ours, a name change will likely depend on what the family thinks. We do have names picked out for a boy, after our dads - Michael Allan... but like I said before, it will likely depend on how they feel about things.

I'm going to call our social worker tomorrow, and also the county office as well, just to check and see what we would need to do to do foster care for this little guy until we know what will happen with him.

I appreciate the prayers... he really needs them!

August 25th, 2010, 09:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
TWO WEEKS? that just breaks my heart. How could anyone hurt such a tiny little baby?

Yeah I totally get why you're not getting into names here since it's so public. I like the name you posted though, Michael Allen, I love the name Michael. It's actually on my list.

Thank you to the wonderful ladies who mad the blinkies!

"The Lord compensates the faithful for every loss. That which is taken away from those who love the Lord will be added unto them in His own way. While it may not come at the time we desire, the faithful will know that every tear today will eventually be returned a hundredfold with tears of rejoicing and gratitude..... These experiences, while often difficult to bear at the time, are percisely the kinds of experiences that stretch our understanding, build our character and increase our compassion for others."
August 25th, 2010, 10:56 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh Kari, I knew a baby would find you--praying that he's with the parents he was meant to be with. I can't believe what they've done to him-he deserves to be loved. Praying he's in loving arms soon, preferably yours

Lucky mother to five!

August 26th, 2010, 06:28 PM
SarahBethsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
poor little guy! In my state you can be approved as a "provisional" home without going through the classes for foster care... or rather before you do. This is for people who know the child usually. Did you talk with your social worker? You might also tell your friend to mention it to the baby's worker if he has contact at all with him/her.

Thank you to AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggie!
August 27th, 2010, 06:44 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm going to give the social worker in charge of the case a call today... we'll see what he has to say.

August 27th, 2010, 09:00 AM
SuperMartianRobotMom6's Avatar Proud Mama & Happy Wife
Good luck, Im praying so hard that you can foster then adopt the little boy!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search