Back after a year...

Forum: Adoption

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Adoption LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 2nd, 2010, 09:42 AM
Veteran
Hello! I am back after almost a year. Last August, we began what KY calls PS-MAPP training for fostering/adoption. A few of our classmates were certified after we graduated in October but a majority of us hadn't heard anything since last month. Apparently, Kentucky's Family Cabinet had been putting children in homes with predators or people that failed to mention things on their applications and slipped through the cracks. Unfortunately dh and I were among many families that fell through the cracks waiting for nearly a year.
Last week our case worker came to visit and told us she'd just got to our file and that she should have our case ready for approval by 09/02/10 (today). Next week our case will be approved by her supervisors and we will receive our acceptance packets. Then we should be on the road to adoption. My husband and I both have some fertility issues and aren't able to have children naturally, so for us this was our last chance. It's been a very emotional year and it finally feels like things are looking up. So now I'm looking for forums and support groups to help us along our wayand prepare us for the second stage of the beautiful journey
September 2nd, 2010, 02:37 PM
SarahBethsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
YAY!! I'm so glad they've FINALLY got it all done for you!!

I'm a foster to adopt mommy myself. Welcome (back) to the board!

Thank you to AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggie!
September 2nd, 2010, 06:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Glad that they FINALLY got things sorted out and you guys are back on the path to becoming parents! Hope things move quickly for you from here on out!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

September 2nd, 2010, 10:00 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
welcome back!
September 3rd, 2010, 10:26 PM
Jessie0505's Avatar Finally a Mommy!
So happy they finally got things together for you! how exciting! We are waiting on our foster care liscens/ adoption certification too! We have done ps mapps as well and turned in all our paper work..just waiting for final paper to say we are certified!! YAY for you! Congrats!

Thank You Jaidynsmum for my awesome perfect siggy!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search