It went GREAT!

Forum: Adoption

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Adoption LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 5th, 2010, 12:58 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Ladies.... I can't even begin to explain how perfect that whole meeting went. We were all very nervous at first and you could tell she was really scared about meeting us. I told her right off the bat that we were just as scared as she was. She is just adorable (no pics yet ) and was pretty quiet at first. Over the course of the almost 2 hours she really came out of her shell more. We had brought a photo album with pics, so after ordering food we flipped through that and told a few stories. She asked us a few questions and we asked her a bunch too. She is dead set on moving forward with adoption... it took her a bit to come to that conclusion but now knows it's for the best for everybody.

She said she thinks we're great people and is even more excited now to move forward with things. She kept calling her "your baby" and rubbing her tummy... It makes me all teary eyed just thinking about it. She is wanting an open relationship with letters and pictures at first, and then having visitation set up for down the road when things are settled. She definitely wants us at the hospital for the delivery and taking care of the baby the whole time after the birth. She just wants to have a few moments with her in the delivery room right afterward.

She asked if we had everything ready for a baby yet, and we said no... and her response was "Well you better get ready for a baby girl.... she's coming!"

When we got up to leave, she asked if we wanted to feel her tummy and get to know our baby better. As I put my hand on her stomach... I knew in my heart that this is it.... my baby is coming to me and by the grace of God I will be holding a baby girl within the next couple of months.

I gave her the biggest hug I could muster and we are going to talk again this week about when we want to get together again. She is meeting with her counselor on Wednesday so we will know more then.

Ladies... I'm gonna be a mommy...

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

September 5th, 2010, 07:16 PM
Platinum Supermommy
don't worry Kari, these are happy tears. I'm so happy for you! When is she due?

Thank you to the wonderful ladies who mad the blinkies!

"The Lord compensates the faithful for every loss. That which is taken away from those who love the Lord will be added unto them in His own way. While it may not come at the time we desire, the faithful will know that every tear today will eventually be returned a hundredfold with tears of rejoicing and gratitude..... These experiences, while often difficult to bear at the time, are percisely the kinds of experiences that stretch our understanding, build our character and increase our compassion for others."
September 6th, 2010, 07:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Her EDD is November 23rd, but she expects to go early (she did with her last pregnancy - twins!).... We could be mom and dad in less than 8 weeks!!!!

We are going to be ordering a crib this week, even though things could go south, we want to be prepared and we want her to see how excited we are so that she continues to feel excited for us! In the next few weeks we'll be painting the room and probably going to register for stuff....eeeeekk!!!!!

September 6th, 2010, 09:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh my word! This is awesome! I'm tearing up! Soo happy for you!

My Ovulation Chart
September 6th, 2010, 10:03 AM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
again, I am so excited for you!

Marie's five kids are now 7,5,4,4 &2!
September 6th, 2010, 01:56 PM
SuperMartianRobotMom6's Avatar Proud Mama & Happy Wife
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is phenomonial!!!!!!!!!!
Names?!?

September 6th, 2010, 07:10 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Nope, we don't have any girl names picked out at all.... we had a boy name nailed down of course!

I'll keep you ladies posted when I know more details!

September 6th, 2010, 08:16 PM
Jessie0505's Avatar Finally a Mommy!
IM SOO HAPPY FOR YOU!! You better get name hunting!! Time is a comin!! EEK!! November is almost here!! I cant wait im like jumping up and down for you!! Gods plan is coming into play for us!! woo hoo!

Thank You Jaidynsmum for my awesome perfect siggy!!
September 7th, 2010, 08:26 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Wow, November is like, almost right now! I'm so happy for you Kari! Better get name hunting! If you need some ideas I have some.

Thank you to the wonderful ladies who mad the blinkies!

"The Lord compensates the faithful for every loss. That which is taken away from those who love the Lord will be added unto them in His own way. While it may not come at the time we desire, the faithful will know that every tear today will eventually be returned a hundredfold with tears of rejoicing and gratitude..... These experiences, while often difficult to bear at the time, are percisely the kinds of experiences that stretch our understanding, build our character and increase our compassion for others."
September 7th, 2010, 08:27 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Yes... please share them! We have NO IDEA...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search