So our meeting with new sw was Friday...

Forum: Adoption

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Adoption LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 4th, 2010, 03:21 PM
Veteran
Everything went well on our end, but I just don't like her. As soon as we expressed to her we wished to adopt a child then pursue fostering she pretty much wrote us off and told us we'd be looking for our child on our own. She was very negative and told us it probably wouldn't happen anytime soon and not to bother checking out of state because none of her homes EVER get accepted for out of state. GRRRRR. Unfortunately, she's the only person in our region that we have to be our case worker. We've been waiting for a child for 5 years going on 6 and i'm feeling so discouraged right now Any ideas?
October 4th, 2010, 03:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't really have an advice for you... just wanted to offer some hugs!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

October 4th, 2010, 04:54 PM
SarahBethsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That makes no sense. I'd call her supervisor and say something along the lines of, "Ms. so and so said we would not be able to straight adopt through the foster system. I was wondering if you could expound more on why this might be." And see what she says. Probably she is trying to get people as foster parents more than adoptive parents and thinks she has found a good way to do so. Don't let her play you. You very much CAN adopt through the system without fostering first.

Thank you to AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggie!
October 5th, 2010, 06:49 AM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahBethsMommy View Post
That makes no sense. I'd call her supervisor and say something along the lines of, "Ms. so and so said we would not be able to straight adopt through the foster system. I was wondering if you could expound more on why this might be." And see what she says. Probably she is trying to get people as foster parents more than adoptive parents and thinks she has found a good way to do so. Don't let her play you. You very much CAN adopt through the system without fostering first.
The guy I spoke with in VA said that you were place with a child months before they even knew if the child would be available for adoption.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
October 5th, 2010, 07:50 AM
Veteran
Went over her head to the supervisor and I guess he gave her some good ***motivation***, lol! Our home study was sent out this morning about a handsome little 6 year old boy. He doesn't speak but so far it looks like it might be fetal alcohol syndrome with mild mental retardation and some physical abuse. They say he's very loving and loves animals (which is esp. good since we do foster animals and have several cats and dogs). We originally thought he was 6-7 hours away from us and it turns out he's only about 2-2.5 hours away. So we're praying they will accept our home study and approve us to continue with him. Keep us in your thoughts and prayers! Maybe we won't be going into 2011 (or year 6) as a childless family
October 6th, 2010, 12:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy

I'm glad things are finally moving forward for you guys!!!

October 7th, 2010, 08:51 AM
Veteran
Our home study has been received...now we're waiting for *A*'s profile!
October 7th, 2010, 09:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy

October 7th, 2010, 11:49 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Yay!

Thank you to the wonderful ladies who mad the blinkies!

"The Lord compensates the faithful for every loss. That which is taken away from those who love the Lord will be added unto them in His own way. While it may not come at the time we desire, the faithful will know that every tear today will eventually be returned a hundredfold with tears of rejoicing and gratitude..... These experiences, while often difficult to bear at the time, are percisely the kinds of experiences that stretch our understanding, build our character and increase our compassion for others."
October 8th, 2010, 10:15 AM
SarahBethsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
AWESOME news!! Sometimes SWs just need that kick in the pants. Don't be afraid to offer it when needed.

Thank you to AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggie!
October 21st, 2010, 06:07 PM
AlexKatieAiden Mommy's Avatar Linda
YAY!!! So excited for you!!!

check out my My Etsy Shop See My Blinkie Gallery & My Siggie Gallery & My BLOG
October 21st, 2010, 06:48 PM
Orangebrittainy's Avatar Queen of Randomocity
I know when we were looking into foster care Most of the children were already in a home well before they became free for adoption. Foster parents were often given the first choice to adopt, providing there was no available family members.

I am glad though things are starting to fall into place for you though

Thank you *Kiliki* for once again doing such amazing work on a siggie
I can do all things through Christ which Strengtheneth me. (Phil 4:13)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search