Hello, Our Adoption Journey begins

Forum: Adoption

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Adoption LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 21st, 2010, 02:52 PM
Orangebrittainy's Avatar Queen of Randomocity
My name is Brittainy. I am 24, and have been married 5 years to G. We have a son together who is 4 years old.

I am very blessed because I was told I would never be able to have a child. I was born with a messed up heart valve, and had open heart surgery to correct it 5 weeks ago. The reason I was told I would not have children is because of the defective valve. It was always thought I would need the surgery when I turned 18 at the latest. I was given 6 extra years and a beautiful baby boy. Now with the Valve replacement I just had I am on medication that is extremely harmful. I had the choice between a mechanical and this medication (which is what I did) or a tissue valve (essentially a pig's valve) a chance at having another child, and a second surgery in 10 years. DH and I weighed our options and decided not to take the risks of a second surgery and to begin our adoption journey.

We are hoping to get things into place and to be ready to adopt by next school year. Our son will be in Kindergarten and we will be a little better able to help the entire house to a new addition.

My Husband wants a New born or infant girl but we don't care about the race of the child. I personally would love to adopt a sibling set, but I know it would take a miracle to convince my husband to do that.

We had considered foster care before the surgery (and before we were set on adoption) we took the classes, but DH;s heart just wasn't in it.

If there is anything else you want to know just ask.

Thank you *Kiliki* for once again doing such amazing work on a siggie
I can do all things through Christ which Strengtheneth me. (Phil 4:13)

October 22nd, 2010, 05:48 AM
SarahBethsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome! I'm Beth. I'm bio mommy to three children, one in heaven and two on earth and I'm a foster mommy and hopeful adoption mommy too. We currently have one little boy who has been with us for over 2 years now.

Are you planning to adopt through the foster system. Often if you want sibling sets you will get a placement quicker (since those are harder to get placements for). Or are you planning to go with private adoption?

Congratulations on your decision! I look forward to following your story as it all unfolds!!

Thank you to AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggie!
October 22nd, 2010, 10:52 AM
Orangebrittainy's Avatar Queen of Randomocity
I personally would love to go through the foster system, I know if I asked DH he would do it, but I don't feel his heart would be there completely. So I think we are going to try going through a private agency

Thank you *Kiliki* for once again doing such amazing work on a siggie
I can do all things through Christ which Strengtheneth me. (Phil 4:13)

October 22nd, 2010, 07:05 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
welcome! I've got one bio, and three adopted siblings-good luck to you!

Marie's five kids are now 7,5,4,4 &2!
October 23rd, 2010, 07:05 PM
AlexKatieAiden Mommy's Avatar Linda
Welcome. I have 1 bio son, 1 soon to be adopted son, and 2 foster children. And I just realized that I never properly introduced myself on this board, well off to do it now. Better late than never

check out my My Etsy Shop See My Blinkie Gallery & My Siggie Gallery & My BLOG
October 25th, 2010, 12:02 PM
txjovigal's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to txjovigal Send a message via Yahoo to txjovigal
I am new here too, and I just did my intro but WELCOME!! I can't wait to get to know everyone here!

working on my 3rd, for sure by 11/15/11
October 26th, 2010, 08:36 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Welcome to the group! I love all the new faces around here!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

October 26th, 2010, 10:58 PM
Jessie0505's Avatar Finally a Mommy!
Welcome!! im a pretty new newbie too! Dh and i just got certified for adoption through the foster care system..we are now doing respite for an 11 month old! I wish you the very best in your adoption journey!

Thank You Jaidynsmum for my awesome perfect siggy!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search