Been on this board for a while and realized I never introduced myself!!!

Forum: Adoption

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Adoption LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 23rd, 2010, 08:30 PM
AlexKatieAiden Mommy's Avatar Linda
Hi All. I am Linda single mommy of 4 (well 4 right now anyways ). I just got my foster license this past May but have been doing kinship since 2006.
I have one bio son. His name is Alex, he is 5.5 years old.
My niece Katie came to me when she was 9 months old, her mother (my sister) is a severe alcoholic who's oldest two children live with our parents. Katie has been back and forth between my sister and I since then, though she has spent most of her life with me. She is now 4.5.
My nephew Zac came to me right from the hospital when he was 3 days old. He also has been back and forth between my sister and since he was born. He is now 2.5.
When Zac was only 4 months old my sister found out she was pregnant with her 5th child. At that point she decided to adopt the baby to me. Aiden has been with me since he was born. He is 1.5. The goal has always been adoption, but bio dad hasn't always been on the same page, that is until 6 months ago. At that point he decided that he would do a voluntary. The social workers decided to go after him as an involuntary though. We had our first court date last month. At that point my sister gave up her rights and then bio dad decided that he wanted more time. We go back to court the end of this month to see if bio dad is going to fight the unvoluntary or sign a voluntary. They are getting him for abandonment (he has never even met Aiden) and failure to provide support. So I am hoping he will make the right decision for Aiden and not drag this out.
And now my sister is pregnant with her 6th child. So who knows what the future will hold.

check out my My Etsy Shop See My Blinkie Gallery & My Siggie Gallery & My BLOG
October 24th, 2010, 10:37 AM
SarahBethsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome!! Officially... LOL.

I'm a foster mommy too. I foster through our state. My foster son who is with us now has been our son since he was 15 months old (little over 2 years ago... he is 3.5 now). He has severe developmental delays and autism. I see you deal with autism in your children as well. I never thought I'd accept a child who had been diagnosed autistic, but when Lil Buddy came to us he didn't have his diagnosis yet and now I wouldn't change a thing! He's a complete joy in my life. It's amazing how things change when you fall in love... LOL.

Nice to officially meet you! Are you planning to foster through the state, or just stay open to more kinship needs?

Thank you to AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggie!
October 24th, 2010, 12:36 PM
Orangebrittainy's Avatar Queen of Randomocity
Nice to meet you, Wow you have a lot going on! I hope things go smoothly

Thank you *Kiliki* for once again doing such amazing work on a siggie
I can do all things through Christ which Strengtheneth me. (Phil 4:13)

October 24th, 2010, 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahBethsMommy View Post
Welcome!! Officially... LOL.

I'm a foster mommy too. I foster through our state. My foster son who is with us now has been our son since he was 15 months old (little over 2 years ago... he is 3.5 now). He has severe developmental delays and autism. I see you deal with autism in your children as well. I never thought I'd accept a child who had been diagnosed autistic, but when Lil Buddy came to us he didn't have his diagnosis yet and now I wouldn't change a thing! He's a complete joy in my life. It's amazing how things change when you fall in love... LOL.

Nice to officially meet you! Are you planning to foster through the state, or just stay open to more kinship needs?
Honestly I never thought I would be able to handle a child with special needs but now I have 3 and am doing alright. I guess you never know what you can handle until you are put in the position. My ASD kiddo's are great, they are the most sweet and innocent children I have ever seen. I ended up getting my foster license in the beginning to do fostering through the state some time in the future but at the same time I figured my niece and nephew would come back so it was a good thing to have. If my sister ever straightens up and gets Katie and Zac back, then I will probably do fostering through the state. I want to wait until Aiden is atleast 3 or so before starting, but you never know.

October 24th, 2010, 08:54 PM
Jessie0505's Avatar Finally a Mommy!
Welcome! Im sorta new to all of this too! We just got our foster care liscense last month..and are waiting for our adoption cert to come in the mail! We are starting out with just respite for now and hoping to adopt soon! Its soo neat to see others doing what i am so i can learn from it! It sounds like you are a very special person and your sister is very lucky to have you! I hope all turns out for the best!

BTW Im Jessie and Dh is Santos.
October 25th, 2010, 01:00 PM
txjovigal's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to txjovigal Send a message via Yahoo to txjovigal
Wow is all I can say... and I agree with Jessie, your sister and especially your KIDS are so lucky to have you!!

working on my 3rd, for sure by 11/15/11
October 26th, 2010, 03:12 PM
Thanks so much ladies!!!

October 26th, 2010, 09:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi and welcome! Sounds like you have your plate full, but it also sounds like those kiddos are right where they should be!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search