Reintrodcing myself

Forum: Adoption

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Adoption LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 25th, 2010, 11:53 AM
txjovigal's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to txjovigal Send a message via Yahoo to txjovigal
I was on this board several years ago but I took a break from JM and have recently come back so I figured I would reintroduce myself.

My name is Esmy and my DH is Tony. We have been married almost 9 years (March 16 will be 9) and we started TTC since December 2002. We didn't think much of it at first when we weren't getting pregnant but after about 5 years I wondered if it was my fault since I was overweight so I decided to may an RE appointment. After some testing and everything else we found out that we have MFI. We tried to do MA for several years, did the IUIs and we were able to get pregnant once, however it turned out to be a chemical pregnancy. After trying several more IUIs. We were running out of the money put aside for MA, DH and I discussed adoption several times and we were almost able to adopt twins but the BM changed her mind after which, we just decided to take a break. (which was when I got off the JM boards!) I need time to heal from everything...

During that break, I decided to get healthy. I had Gastric Bypass in March, have lost 123 pounds so far and feel great.

This past June, the firm I worked for picked its charity out and when I was reading about it, I found out that it does adoptions. I sent an email requesting more information and heard back right away from them. We set up our appointment the following week and boom we are almost with the process.

We have almost all of our paperwork done, our first home study done and just need 2 more classes to take (one of which we do this Saturday.)

We really would like an infant but know that our chances our lower so we will settle for a child between the ages of 0-6. (we started out 0-4, but have recently changed the age) we don't care about the sex or race.

working on my 3rd, for sure by 11/15/11
October 25th, 2010, 01:06 PM
AlexKatieAiden Mommy's Avatar Linda
Welcome back !!!!!

check out my My Etsy Shop See My Blinkie Gallery & My Siggie Gallery & My BLOG
October 25th, 2010, 01:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
welcome back!

Thank you to the wonderful ladies who mad the blinkies!

"The Lord compensates the faithful for every loss. That which is taken away from those who love the Lord will be added unto them in His own way. While it may not come at the time we desire, the faithful will know that every tear today will eventually be returned a hundredfold with tears of rejoicing and gratitude..... These experiences, while often difficult to bear at the time, are percisely the kinds of experiences that stretch our understanding, build our character and increase our compassion for others."
October 26th, 2010, 08:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi Esmy!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search