Waiting but it's looking better!

Forum: Adoption

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Adoption LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 2nd, 2010, 06:49 AM
Veteran
Our worker called today and said the agency *A* is with called and we might get to go meet him this weekend! She's waiting for them to call her back since they were out of office when she tried to call back. Keep your fingers crossed and prayers going I'm ecstatic
November 2nd, 2010, 07:42 AM
Veteran
***UPDATE*** WE ARE OFFICIALLY GOING TO DAYTON, OHIO! Just waiting for a time and exact date
November 2nd, 2010, 07:51 AM
AlexKatieAiden Mommy's Avatar Linda
That is so great!!!!!!! Congrats!!!!

check out my My Etsy Shop See My Blinkie Gallery & My Siggie Gallery & My BLOG
November 2nd, 2010, 08:07 AM
Veteran
Thanks! After 6 years of waiting for a child I really hope this will work out. They usually don't allow potential adoptive parents to meet the child before they make a decision but due to his condition and circumstances they have decided it would be in the best interest for both us and the child to meet before either side makes a decision. I think that's pretty awesome. We know he's low functioning and on the severe side and know what to expect but as with many things it's different to experience it first hand. It doesn't deter my interest at all, honestly, I feel he hasn't been given the opportunities and resources he deserves and am bound and determined to take full advantage of any and every resource available if I adopt him. I think he just needs a mommy and daddy to love him for who he is and will support him regardless of any progress or backslides, and we are willing to do it. <3 <3 <3 I can't wait!
November 2nd, 2010, 09:07 AM
SarahBethsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
YAY!! I can't wait to hear about the meeting!!

Thank you to AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggie!
November 2nd, 2010, 09:49 AM
Veteran
Beth- will most definitely post about it! I'm so nervous/anxious...what if this is it? What if the child I have been waiting for is him and how will it feel the first time I see his face in person. I will def. be bringing a camera (just incase these become the "kodak" scrapbook moments of my life). I really feel in my heart this is it though. I hope his worker agrees

Also, Beth...that would be a great post for everyone that has adopted. How did you feel the moment you saw your child face to face for the first time. Would love to hear everyone's stories!
November 2nd, 2010, 10:56 AM
Jessie0505's Avatar Finally a Mommy!
OH MY!! I would be a nervous/anxious wreck!! That is soo stinkin exciting!! When you do meet him..i would love to know what it is like!! I think this is it..i think this is your child..i have a feeling!! That is amazing!! Im soo happy for you!

Thank You Jaidynsmum for my awesome perfect siggy!!
November 2nd, 2010, 11:24 AM
Veteran
Jessie, I really believe in my heart he is. No matter how many other children I look at the profiles for my heart brings me back to him. It's such an over powering gut instinct too. My husband pointed out over the weekend I was "nesting". I've been tearing the house apart cleaning and baby proofing it. It's also interesting in the aspect that NOTHING in my live ever goes as planned, everything that has been great or meant to be is on a whim and generally spontaneous. I'd spent 6 years trying to get pregnant and carry a child to term and it didn't happen. I saw the ad for foster care/adoption classes and signed hubby and me up before I told him a day before the classes. We had two other matches that we initiated interest in and neither ended up working but this little guy was just slipped into our hands and everything has been wham bam. We sent the inquiry early to mid-October and we're already getting prepared to meet him and his foster dad. The social workers just want to make sure we're serious about parenting such a severely autistic child...and after much research and talking to people with autistic children I know it will be hard, but well worth the time and effort. My hubby has a colostomy, which is a pretty significant disability and I still love him just the same as I would had he not had a colostomy. I think dealing with him and his doctor's appointments has given us the strength and courage to tackle this. I just hope that everyone around me will be supportive and understanding for his sake
November 2nd, 2010, 07:43 PM
Aww..well it sounds like you are soo ready to be this little guys momma! I am soo extremely happy for you!! I feel ya on the infertility part..we suffered for a while..and are still going through it..but i have always dreamed of adopting..and now im living that dream..i hope someday soon we will have our little one in our arms just as i feel you will soon! HUGS! EEK..im soo excited for you!

November 3rd, 2010, 07:13 AM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
Sounds perfect! Can't wait to hear how it went.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
November 3rd, 2010, 09:51 AM
Veteran
We're officially scheduled for November 9th (next Tuesday). The matching conference is November 10th. I am so excited and nervous (but in a GOOD/HAPPY way). We meet with our worker this Friday to discuss the questions she will be asked during the matching teleconference that way she knows where we are where we are going with things. It's looking really hopeful
November 3rd, 2010, 11:16 AM
AlexKatieAiden Mommy's Avatar Linda
I am so excited and nervous for you. Keep us updated on what is happening and how everything goes. This may be a little early but, Congrats!!!!!

check out my My Etsy Shop See My Blinkie Gallery & My Siggie Gallery & My BLOG
November 3rd, 2010, 01:40 PM
Im soo excited for you!! ill be praying all goes well!

November 9th, 2010, 04:54 PM
Orangebrittainy's Avatar Queen of Randomocity
Thinking of you today

Thank you *Kiliki* for once again doing such amazing work on a siggie
I can do all things through Christ which Strengtheneth me. (Phil 4:13)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search