hey =)

Forum: Adoption

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Adoption LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 5th, 2010, 02:17 PM
Julienix87's Avatar Loving my Tyler
hey, Im not sure if this is the correct spot for this...if it isn't i apologize. my DH was placed for adoption when he was 4. His whole life he was told his mother and father didnt want him or his 2 brothers. He kept in contact with his maternal grandmother and she would never tell him where or who is mother and father were..Well, last week i found his fathers mother, and she in turn gave me the fathers number..i called him and he said he has been looking for dh and his brothers for 22 years!! that he was out to sea (navy) and when he came home his kids were gone. His wife went to jail, gave the kids to her mother, and she took them to an orphanage. He NEVER gave consent, he went to the orphanage and was told his kids were gone, and he couldnt get info on them bc records are sealed...he went to a lawyer and was told the samething..so here is my question, if DH tries, can he get the adoption records unsealed? does anyone know anything about getting adoption records. DH has been wanting to find his biological family bc his adoptive one isnt very nice to him. because he isnt the religion they want him to be. also, they made him sleep next to a bed when he visited his grandparents..very sad...we were told DH's real family tried to adopt him when they found out he was at an orphanage, and they were told since they were not pentecostal, they couldnt adopt from that place..that orphange has since changed that, but they will not place unless the home is approved by their preacher..anyway, sorrry i rambled, but my main question is, can adoption records be unsealed? thank u so much

December 6th, 2010, 06:44 AM
Zoostergirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Here's a link: http://www.childwelfare.gov/systemwi...ccessapall.pdf

I am so sorry for what your DH must be going through. I am so thankful adoption is moving in a much more open direction.

December 6th, 2010, 02:46 PM
Julienix87's Avatar Loving my Tyler
thank you so much!

December 6th, 2010, 03:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't have any advice for you, but wanted to wish you and your DH good luck in your journey!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search