Home Study?

Forum: Adoption

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Adoption LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 1st, 2011, 11:02 AM
ZeliaMarie
Have you had one? What are they like? What are they looking for? What kind of questions do they ask? If our adoptive child will be sharing a room with another one of our children do you think they would frown on that? We are looking for a bigger house so eventually they will have their own room.
March 1st, 2011, 01:39 PM
SarahBethsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Our homestudy was a breeze. I know some here have said that some countries won't allow children to share rooms (just check with your particular agency, they'd know for sure). The thing I always tell people about homestudies though is to calm down and remember they are not looking to rule you OUT... they want to rule you IN. So they aren't coming out with white gloves to see if your house is dusty. They don't mind normal clutter. What they look for are things that are dangerous or unhealthy. They'll make sure you have locks on the doors that hold things like cleaning supplies and you might have to lock up your medicines with a key (we use a tackle box with a master lock on it). They'll check your safety things like fire extinguishers and fire alarms. They'll check the temperature of the water. They'll probably interview everyone in the house too. It isn't near as scary as I tried to make it the first time.

Thank you to AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search