Frustrated and Upset

Forum: Adoption

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Adoption LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 23rd, 2011, 07:27 AM
Veteran
Well I received an e-mail yesterday saying that our son climbed out of a window that was cracked in his foster home and escaped nearly a mile down the road to the neighbors house where the sheriff picked him up returning him to the foster family. I am beyond furious that this has happened and feel that is was neglect on the foster family's part as they know he is autistic and is a runner...that's how he came into care in the first place!!! Then, they get a call from the school saying for the past 6 weeks he was been screaming, crying and aggressive and uncontrollable. We haven't had a visit in the past 3 weeks but feel like the visits are really starting to confuse him. He needs to be moved into our home immediately or they are going to have him really messed up. We've finished our negotiation paper work and are just waiting to hear back. I can not wait until the mess is OVER!
March 23rd, 2011, 09:46 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry that you're having such a hard time! I hope that he's put into your care as soon as possible.

Thank you to the wonderful ladies who mad the blinkies!

"The Lord compensates the faithful for every loss. That which is taken away from those who love the Lord will be added unto them in His own way. While it may not come at the time we desire, the faithful will know that every tear today will eventually be returned a hundredfold with tears of rejoicing and gratitude..... These experiences, while often difficult to bear at the time, are percisely the kinds of experiences that stretch our understanding, build our character and increase our compassion for others."
March 23rd, 2011, 04:16 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
((hugs)) I hope he is with you soon
March 24th, 2011, 06:39 PM
Veteran
***update*** just got a call, he's moving in tomorrow!
March 25th, 2011, 12:30 PM
SarahBethsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
YAY!! I just saw this! I guess he is either getting ready to or already has moved in! Congratulations! I'm so glad they decided to get on with it already. Let us know how it is going when you get a minute, momma.

Thank you to AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggie!
March 31st, 2011, 09:08 AM
Veteran
Well the move in was a success! The only bad thing...we found out the foster dad was OD'ing him on a sedative and forgot to send a bottle of anti-psychotics he so desparately needed. Of course none of the social workers answered calls and I finally begged the pharmacists to let me have a few days worth for his sake. The social workers then tried to pin the blame on me to avoid being investigated themselves. Grrr... anyway he's doing better now that he's back on his regular meds!
March 31st, 2011, 10:41 AM
Ugh, I'm sorry he didn't have the right medications. That is NO fun! How is he doing? Is he sleeping? How are YOU doing?

April 6th, 2011, 07:30 AM
Veteran
Sorry it took so long, it took us a bit to get adjusted here! He is back on schedule and routine and is sleeping LOTS. Which is wayyy better than 3 hours a day! He's learning to use utensils to eat, how to high 5, and learning the sign for EAT. He's really starting to thrive and soak up learning some new things Today we do our adoption placement paper work...Our worker and his workers will be here in about an hour and half!
April 6th, 2011, 11:15 AM
mamma_anna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad to hear he's home with you and settling in so well. Good luck with the paperwork.
April 6th, 2011, 11:31 AM
AlexKatieAiden Mommy's Avatar Linda
So glad to hear that he is finally home!!! It stinks that they were OD'ing him and didn't send his meds with, but so great that you now have everything worked out. Did you ever find a support group for families with children with autism in your area then? How did the meeting go?

check out my My Etsy Shop See My Blinkie Gallery & My Siggie Gallery & My BLOG
April 11th, 2011, 01:28 PM
~ Nicole ~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Im happy to hear your son is coming back home. I have an autistic son too and I know how hard it is and how important stability is. Best wishes for you and your son.

Me(30) DS(8) DS(10)

April 11th, 2011, 06:08 PM
Hey, I don't think I ever asked. When do you get to officially adopt him? Do you have to wait 6 months before applying? I think that is the rule here... the kids move in their home, but the official stuff must wait 6 months at least before getting started.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search