Roll Call-- Lurkers come out!

Forum: Adoption

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Adoption LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 6th, 2011, 05:07 AM
SarahBethsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It has been really quiet in here lately. Who is here? Who is lurking? Why do you lurk? What is going on in your life lately?

Everything is fairly status quo here lately. Lil Buddy and my DD, Sarah Beth, had their birthday on Sunday. Lil Buddy is 4 and Sarah Beth is 5. Lil Buddy is walking everywhere and in to everything now.

How's your lives?

Thank you to AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggie!
April 6th, 2011, 07:32 AM
Veteran
Anymore thought into adopting Buddy?
April 6th, 2011, 09:21 AM
Bug-n-Ed's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi, I'm Tami. I've posted here off and on, but not for awhile. DH and I just adopted twin girls. They are a week old now and we are loving them. We also have two biological boys, ages 8 and 5.

April 6th, 2011, 11:09 AM
mamma_anna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi. I'm Anna. I lurk in here often...mostly out of curiosity. Though I do hope to occasionally be able to contribute something useful.

My dh Rick and I have 4 daughters. Meagan is 14, Abbey is 12, Kayla is 8 and Ellie is 5. Ellie came to our family through kinship adoption. She's been with us for about a year and we finalized her adoption in January. To say that the circumstances that brought her to us were unexpected and messy would be a huge understatement. But the adoption itself was actually pretty easy.

Ellie has multiple special needs so this last year has definitely been a roller coaster. But I think we're finally starting to find some level ground.

Looking forward to getting to know you all a little better and maybe post in here a little more too.
April 6th, 2011, 11:21 AM
AlexKatieAiden Mommy's Avatar Linda
Hi everyone, I am here, lurking, posting some when I feel I have something to contribute. I have one biological son, 2 pre-adoptive kinship (biologically my niece and nephew), and my foster son (nephew). I am still working on both adoptions (getting close, TPR has been done just waiting to do the adoption substity agreement (since they are both special needs)and to get a court date). All four children, ages 6,5,3 and 2, keep me really busy but I'm loving it!!

check out my My Etsy Shop See My Blinkie Gallery & My Siggie Gallery & My BLOG
April 6th, 2011, 04:15 PM
SarahBethsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by marienbrian View Post
Anymore thought into adopting Buddy?
Yep... we will be applying to adopt him before the end of the year. My DH has really been spending a lot of time with him and praying about it and feels like God is giving him the "go ahead" with it. LOL. The state has told our case worker that we have to get him on AdoptUSKids if we aren't willing to adopt him, so I think it'll be pushed a little quicker than any of us were going to do, but it is ok. He is doing really well and I'm excited that by Christmas, maybe, he'll be OFFICIALLY ours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bug-n-Ed View Post
Hi, I'm Tami. I've posted here off and on, but not for awhile. DH and I just adopted twin girls. They are a week old now and we are loving them. We also have two biological boys, ages 8 and 5.
Twin girls!! How utterly wonderful!! Congratulations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamma_anna View Post
Hi. I'm Anna. I lurk in here often...mostly out of curiosity. Though I do hope to occasionally be able to contribute something useful.

My dh Rick and I have 4 daughters. Meagan is 14, Abbey is 12, Kayla is 8 and Ellie is 5. Ellie came to our family through kinship adoption. She's been with us for about a year and we finalized her adoption in January. To say that the circumstances that brought her to us were unexpected and messy would be a huge understatement. But the adoption itself was actually pretty easy.

Ellie has multiple special needs so this last year has definitely been a roller coaster. But I think we're finally starting to find some level ground.

Looking forward to getting to know you all a little better and maybe post in here a little more too.
My little boy has a lot of special needs as well. Mostly from his care when he was first born. He is autistic too though which seems to set off all his other delays... or make them worse or something.
Welcome to the board! I look forward to hearing more about your family!

Thank you to AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggie!
April 7th, 2011, 08:59 AM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
I'm here. DH is being a pain. Now he says he's willing to do the workshop to learn more but still wants to wait awhile and "have our own." I say if we haven't had one by now then we're not gonna.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
April 10th, 2011, 08:40 AM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm around, kids are 4,3,2,2 and bean is due at the end of July. Busy with life, waiting for the snow to someday melt. Nothing new.
April 11th, 2011, 01:22 PM
~ Nicole ~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Im new, just starting to lurk and post. After 2 years of depressions/axiety over a vasectomy reversal I am trying to find new purpose and new happiness even if we cannot have another biological child. After much praying God has put adoption in my heart and I am just casually learning and gathering info. If we end up doing this it probably wouldnt be for a few years. But I love to see other's people's experiences and stories.

Me(30) DS(8) DS(10)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search