New here

Forum: Adoption

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Adoption LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 21st, 2011, 10:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Coley54
Hello ladies. My husband and I have been TTC for 3 years with MA and no luck. We need IVF but I can't justify paying that much for something that may not work out. I am 28 (Coley) and Matt is 32. We have no children and desperately want to be parents. I feel as though we were both born for it. We are just beginning to scratch the surface on adoption and I was looking for some support, ways to deal with the let down of not being able to experience pregnancy and just to talk to people who have been/are currently going through what I am. I hope to get to know all of you so much better.

***A HUGE thanks to marriedc for the awesome siggy!***

IUI#1 - BFN
IUI#2 - BFN
IUI#3 - BFN
IUI#4 - BFN

April 21st, 2011, 10:48 PM
mamma_anna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just wanted to say hi. I'm Anna. Hope you can find the advice and support you need here. Looking forward to getting to know you.
April 22nd, 2011, 09:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thank you for the welcome Anna. I hope so too. Feeling a bit overwhelmed with a bunch of information right now, lol.

IUI#1 - BFN
IUI#2 - BFN
IUI#3 - BFN
IUI#4 - BFN

April 22nd, 2011, 06:36 PM
SarahBethsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi and welcome! I'm Beth. I'm mommy to 4 kids. My oldest bio, Sarah Beth, is 5 years old (she was born very prematurely due to severe pre-e), my oldest son, Bryan Luke, died at birth almost 4 years ago now (we aren't sure why, but I did have severe pre-e again), then we have my soon to adopted son whom we call Lil Buddy... he is 4, and lastly is my third bio, fourth child, Daniel who is now 10 months old. He was also born prematurely (at 35 weeks) due to pre-e, but thankfully we were monitored very closely and had the least complications with him.

We are adopting through foster care and we are also foster parents. I've always wanted to do this and after our son died, my DH decided he did as well.

I look forward to following your journey. What type of adoption are you and your DH thinking about?

Thank you to AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggie!
April 23rd, 2011, 03:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Its nice to meet you. We would prefer infant adoption...In fact, I don't think Matt would even consider a child that wasn't an infant. I don't feel as strongly about that but we'll see what happens. Matt would prefer a closed adoption where as I wouldn't mind an semi-open adoption. Matt would deal with a semi-open more than a full on open. We are currently researching agencies and what not. Trying to figure out home studies and financing. All the information is a little overwhelming, lol.

IUI#1 - BFN
IUI#2 - BFN
IUI#3 - BFN
IUI#4 - BFN

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search