new here but not to JM

Forum: Adoption

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Adoption LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 5th, 2011, 12:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hello
Ive been a big lurker over here over the past year. My DH & I (both 35) have been TTC x 3yrs this month ~ I tried 2 IUI's in Jan/Feb with no luck. I've tossed around the idea of adoption in my head for about a year, have done just a very little bit of reading online -- there is just SO much to digest about it. I did email a few local agencies here as well as gotton some basic info from 2 friends who have successfully adopted beautiful children. When I read about it, I get those butterflies, when I think this could be me, I have that renewed excitement that I lost along the way of failing what I've tried. I know I'll continue to lurk here, hopefully will get more info from staying on this thread & of course welcome any useful "starting" tips from you all !! One thing I can think of off the top of my head that does worry me, is that DH & I did put in an inground pool when we moved 3yrs ago. We have a privacy fence that encloses our entire backyard area. I dont know if specific rules apply from agency to agency about what exactly would have to be done in order to even pass a home study? Otherwise I appreciate you reading this and look forward to learning lots & lots more

May 12th, 2011, 10:13 AM
mamma_anna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just wanted to say hi! Welcome to the board. I'm Anna. I don't post in here too often but I try to keep up.
I don't really have any great advice for getting started or choosing an agency. We didn't exactly plan on adopting. I can say, don't worry too much about the home study. It's really not as scary as it sounds. You will need a safety fence or solid cover for the pool most likely and will also have to make sure the rest of your house and property is baby proofed. (chemicals/cleaners locked up, covers on outlets, etc.)
Good luck with whatever you decide. I pray you will be blessed with a child very soon.
May 13th, 2011, 02:59 PM
SarahBethsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome! I'm glad you've come on by!

I think the rules here are that inground pools require either a locked fence enclosing it (that you must enter... not one that you can get through the house) or a keyed deadbolt that remains locked out to it. The agency you get will have their own requirements I sure.

Thank you to AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search