Hope I am in the right board. Adopting my baby out.

Forum: Adoption

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Adoption LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 29th, 2011, 07:28 AM
This has been the hardest decision of my life. I am just coming out of an abusive marriage, and I know I cannot take care of two children. I am barely making it now, with student loans, and the debt I racked up moving back home. I am living with my mother until I can find an apartment.

I am 23. Non smoker, non drinker. I have carried one baby successfully to term. I am currently 10 weeks 2 days pregnant, and I would like to start the process now.

I really don't know what else to say, I guess I am wondering where to begin. Any advice?
June 29th, 2011, 04:41 PM
Bug-n-Ed's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry you are coming out from an abusive marriage. That must have been so hard.

You can go to an adoption agency and speak with the social workers there to help you get started. They will help you find a family to place your baby with or you can search and find an adoptive family that you feel would be the best place for your baby on your own. Many people have online hoping to adopt profiles and blogs that you can search for. Then you would just contact the ones you wanted to get to know better and either go through an attorney or the agency they adoptive family is going through for the actual placement.

We recently adopted twin girls and aren't ready to adopt again so soon, but I do have some friends who are hoping to adopt. If you would like to view their profiles, let me know and I can message you their online profiles for you to look at.

I'm sure this is a very hard decision for you. My heart goes out to you.

June 30th, 2011, 05:52 PM
SarahBethsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I second all that was already said. Find an agency you feel very comfortable with and start the process. I'm so sorry for the situation you are in. I can tell you that there are tons of parents out there waiting to find their forever baby and they will be ecstatic if you pick them.

There is also a great board on here called the Birth Mothers board (found just below this one) where you can find support from other mothers who have made the difficult decision to find an adoptive home for their babies. Good luck!

Thank you to AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggie!
July 2nd, 2011, 10:14 PM
chrisNbrian's Avatar Veteran
You have been given great advice so far.

I just want to add that I admire you for making such a hard decision. Some day when your child is older the adoptive parents will be able to tell him/her about the loving and hard choice you made. I am adopted myself and I can't thank my birth mother enough for doing what she knew was right.
DD-20
DS-16
DS-14
GS-4

Tubal Reversal 12/14/09

We are TTC our first child together.
July 4th, 2011, 02:16 PM
Hello, I am sorry for your situation and hope that you can overcome being in an abusive marriage. I admire you for wanting to do what is best for you and your children. My husband and I have been unable to have children of our own, and are looking at adoption. If you do decide to put your baby up for adoption, we hope you could consider us. We could give you child a loving, stable, wonderful home and family. I'd be happy to provide whatever information you would like. Thanks, and good luck.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search