Hello.

Forum: Adoption

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Adoption LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 10th, 2011, 02:49 PM
Jessa78's Avatar Super Mommy
Hi everyone. I've been stalking this lovely board for the past couple of months and thought I should be braver and (re)introduce myself. It's been almost exactly two years since I last made a post here.

I have known my DH, Blake, since we were 3 years old. I've been in love with him since I was 18. He is my soulmate, my confidante, the best man I have ever known and he has saved my life, literally, on more than one occasion. I always imagined I would be able to give him children.

We started hoping for 'an accident' long before we finally tagged in the physicians and two more long years passed - months marked by dozens upon dozens of tests, scans, needles, pills, hormones, hot flashes, sleepless nights, guilt, anger and grief - before finally, we had to walk away. It was done but not forgotten and it wasn't too long before one of us finally said 'adoption' out loud.

We did the research. Thought about it. Talked about it. Prayed about it. Agonized over it. In the midst of it all, my sister welcomed her first perfect, beautiful little girl into the world and I learned the meaning of 'love at first sight.' As we drove home from the hospital the following day, hearts full to breaking, we both knew it would not matter if our child shared our DNA or not. So we made the call, officially submitted our application and spent the next six months working with an amazing social worker until finally it was done. We were approved to foster-to-adopt. "Paper pregnant," scared to death and over the moon all at the same time.

They are absolutely correct when they say that fostering an older child is not for the weak of heart. It takes courage, faith, love - and a lot of it. It takes an entire village of family and friends watching your back and quite possibly, the strength to let your heart be broken, repeatedly. After what was without a doubt the most painful year of our lives, we chose not to renew our foster license and we told everyone we were done, really and truly done, and we meant it, I think, at least for a little while. We had to let ourselves grieve everything we'd lost.

A very dear, close friend once said, "we will carve this child from light and sky if we have to," and she has no idea how much those words have meant to me over the years, for I cannot give up. Our son or daughter may be as elusive as light and sky, but they are real to me, as real as the air I breathe and if there is even a glimmer of hope that I might one day hold them in my arms, that I might watch them fall asleep on my husband's broad shoulder - that we might yet meet our child - well then, the journey continues. For now, we are paying off all unnecessary bills and saving up the money to complete our Home Study. Once that is done, we hope to work with the CCAI agency to adopt internationally, either from Ethiopia or China.

I apologize for the long post. Truly want to thank you all for sharing your encouraging stories here. You have no idea how much hope you give to others, even if they're just lurking.

July 14th, 2011, 07:15 PM
SarahBethsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi and Welcome! So sorry I haven't been on much lately because it has been so busy around my house.

I'm a foster and foster to adopt mommy. I LOVE it, but you are certainly right that it isn't at all easy. It sounds like your journey has been an extremely hard one and I hope you have your full family together soon!!

Thank you to AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggie!
July 15th, 2011, 03:29 PM
tawny63's Avatar Super Mommy
Welcome! Reading your post flashes me back in time. I met and fell in love with my DH at 18 and we went through the pain and anger of the infertility. We knew we wanted to raise a child from birth, so we went the agency route. Thankfully, our family assisted with the money and made it possible. We did domestic infant adoption and now have two perfect kids. Good luck on your journey to your babies!
12/06 clomid 50mg=INSANITY and OHSS
Decided to adopt 01/07
raced to the hospital to get our baby boy in August 2007, 12 days after we went "live" to adopt!
Mental break....ahhh. Mommy time....ahhhh. <3
Endometriosis surgery 01/16/09
Femara+IUI 03/09, 04/09, 05/09, 06/09 BFN's
07/09: mixture of acupuncture, herbs, hope, and prayers
09/2009~too much pain, had to go on BCP's.
06/10: Starting adoption process again!!!!!
10/13/10: Adoption paperwork done...now just pray and wait....
01/07/11 profiles turned into the adoption agency.
Matched April 1st, 2011 with a baby girl!
Cassidy born June 15, 2011

July 28th, 2011, 07:30 AM
Welcome and enjoy. Been enjoying here!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search