Any Ohio Adoptive Parents?

Forum: Adoption

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Adoption LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 24th, 2011, 08:05 AM
kayakr's Avatar Persuaded by POAS’ers
Good Morning,

We live in Ohio and have decided Adopting is going to be the route we want to take. Is there any other Ohio Adoptive Parents here that can help me?

A little about us. I am 41 with a 13 year old DS. It took me 5 years of TTC to have him. My DH is 31 and we have been TTC for a year. We have been together for 10 years.

TTC is going to be difficult for us becuase of my age and he has abnormal morphology. Therefore we are thinking we want to just adopt. We don't feel IVF is going to be for us.

I am hoping to find some other Ohio families on here.... I need help on where to even begin.

Thank you
Cycle 7 SA results abnormal morphology 2%, 50 mg clomid = BFN
Cycle 8 sonogram normal 50 mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 9 SA results abnormal morphology and motility. Count 200 mill, 100mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 10 natural = BFN
Cycle 11 hsg tubes clear, natural + trigger+IUI = BFN
Cycle 12 repronex + trigger + 2 IUI = BFN
Cycle 13 natural ovaries to stimulated for more meds = BFN
Cycle 14-22 natural cycle with Acupuncture and planning ivf/icsi/DE = ALL BFN
Cycle 23 Clomid 50 mg & Progesterone = BFN
Cycle 24 Natural = BFN
Cycle 25 BCP, SA result 7% morphology = BFN
Cycle 26 BCP and Lupron preparing for IVF
Cycle 27 IVF Acupuncture, DE Retrieval April 7, Transfer April 12 =
7 eggs retrieved, 3 fertilized, 2 transferred - zero snow babies
BETA # 1 16DPO or 11dp5dt = 569
BETA # 2 19 DPO or 14dp5dt = 1078
BETA # 3 22DPO or 17dp5dt = 2414 TWINS!
BETA # 4 30DPO or 25dp5dt = 12,685 6weeks 3days 2 heartbeats! 114 & 116
Clayton and Colton Born @ 34 weeks 11/22/13
August 24th, 2011, 08:13 AM
SarahBethsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry I'm not from Ohio, but maybe I can help a bit.

First step is to decide what type of adoption you want to do.

- Private domestic adoption through an agency -- this is a good option for those who want to adopt a brand new baby and want the help of the agency to organize and find the birth parent for them. You pay the agency and they handle the legal stuff.

- Private domestic adoption on your own -- you get your own lawyer and find the birth parents. This is a bit cheaper, but might take longer to find your child.

- International adoption -- this is expensive, but there are fewer unknowns as most of these kids are living in the orphanges and such already.

- Adoption through foster care -- this is by far the cheapest mode of adoption (basically free). However, you probably would NOT get a newborn (though it has happened). Most of the children waiting for adoptive homes in the foster system are older (3 years old or older) or in larger sibling groups or have disabilities. Of course, that is a sweeping generalization, but I'm just giving basic information.

Once you decide which method you guys want to go with, you'll have a clearer picture of what is your next step!

Feel free to ask some more questions! Perhaps there is someone from Ohio who can answer your direct questions about that. KUP either way!!

Thank you to AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggie!
August 24th, 2011, 08:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Coley54
I'm not from Ohio either but wanted to welcome you here! I'm new here as well. I just sent in my application to our chosen agency yesterday and I keep checking UPS.com to see if they've received it yet as its supposed to be there today! Good luck and I hope you get the answers you are looking for!

***A HUGE thanks to marriedc for the awesome siggy!***

IUI#1 - BFN
IUI#2 - BFN
IUI#3 - BFN
IUI#4 - BFN

September 28th, 2011, 12:53 PM
Veteran
Might be coming a bit late jtfinlly got fred up so I can startmessage boarding again. One week from tomorrow we will be finalizing our adoption from Ohio Foster Care. We have been very impressed with Ohio's social services. We live in KY and our adoption will be donestrt to finish in less than ONE YEAR. little under 11 months for us...thats from original inquiry to finalization. We wil def. be adopting from Ohio foster care again!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search