Adopting Newborn Twins!

Forum: Adoption

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Adoption LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 21st, 2011, 10:04 PM
HI all!

It is so nice to "meet" you all. I am a very busy mommy of teens (sports, school, and "mom can you take me..." and my hubby and I are now adopting twins! They were born early (31 wks) and we've just gotten little girl home. Little boy is poking along behind his sister (I've heard this is normal with boy/girl twins) so we don't have him home from NICU yet. It has been a real roller coaster ride on top of the whole adoption process. Everything has been completed and we are nearly finished (we just have our last hearing coming up in a week) and can't wait to have our two bundles of joy home. Our two older children are over the moon and completely gaga over the babies. My teenage girl especially ...she dotes on her baby sister and is itching to get her hands on her baby brother!

So...that's my story (give or take a few lines...lol) and I look forward to interacting with all of you!
November 21st, 2011, 11:39 PM
SarahBethsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome! How wonderful that you got TWINS!! My bio daughter, Sarah Beth, was born at 27 weeks and spent 3 months in the NICU. She is 5 now and doing amazing. I actually JUST got a job in the NICU here too when I graduate (on December 15) and I'm so excited. I love love love working in there. Boys very often take more time than the girls do, but I'll be praying that you have them both home in your arms soon!

I'm Beth- bio mom, foster mom, and soon to be adoptive mom - I have 4 kids... Sarah Beth who is 5, Lil Buddy our STBAS who is 4, Bryan Luke who died at birth in 2007 and Daniel who is 17 months old.

What made you decide to adopt and how'd you end up with twins?

Thank you to AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggie!
November 23rd, 2011, 11:31 AM
mamma_anna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
and Congratulations on adopting twins!

I'm Anna. I can definitely relate to you on being a busy mom of teens! I have a 15 year old (Meagan) and a 13 year old (Abbey). I also have an almost 9 year old (Kayla) and my adopted daughter Ellie is 6.
Kayla was a preemie at 33 weeks. I remember that roller coaster well. (Ellie was also a preemie at 27 weeks but we adopted her just last year.)
I'm so glad to hear that your little girl is doing well at home. I'm praying your son can join her soon.

Looking forward to getting to know you better.

November 26th, 2011, 01:48 PM
Bug-n-Ed's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I only randomly post here when I remember to check this part of JM, but welcome to the adoption forum. I'm Tami and DH and I finalized our adoption of twin girls last month. We also have two biological boys, ages 8 and 6. I hope your little baby boy is able to come home soon. We were lucky with the girls, they were born full term and spent no time in the NICU.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search