Introduction

Forum: Adoption

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Adoption LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 23rd, 2011, 10:00 AM
Hello,
Just want to introduce myself! My name is Amber (28) married to David (42) mommy to beautiful Mia (8) & Davidson (17 months)!! We are in the process of getting licensed for foster care/foster to adopt and we are so excited about it!!! Im hoping this is the board I should be on but I cant find a foster care board Hope to get to know everyone & make some online friends & also get advise (im gonna need lots )
Thanks!!!!
December 23rd, 2011, 03:47 PM
AlexKatieAiden Mommy's Avatar Linda
Welcome Amber!! I'm Linda single mommy to Alexzander (6) and pre-adoptive mommy to Katie (5) and Aiden (2). Since mine is a relative adoption I don't have much experience with "normal" fostering, but have been through all the classes and am licensed as a foster mom. My kiddo's adoptions should be finalized in the next two months, just waiting on paperwork and a court date. Good luck on your journey!

check out my My Etsy Shop See My Blinkie Gallery & My Siggie Gallery & My BLOG

Last edited by AlexKatieAiden Mommy; December 23rd, 2011 at 03:49 PM.
December 23rd, 2011, 08:40 PM
SarahBethsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi and welcome! You are in the right place. I am a foster mom and a foster to adopt mom too. We just signed the papers of our "intent to adopt" our foster son who we've had for 3 years now. We should finalize sometime early next year. I've been a foster parent for 3 years now and LOVE it.

What made you guys decide to foster? Are you more wanting to adopt or just open to it? Great to meet you! I look forward to hearing your journey.

Thank you to AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggie!
December 23rd, 2011, 09:19 PM
mamma_anna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Amber. Welcome to the board.
I'm Anna, mamma to Meg (15), Abbey (13), Kayla (9) and Ellie (6). We finalized Ellie's adoption almost a year ago. Like Linda, ours was a kinship/relative adoption through foster care.
Glad you're here. I'm looking forward to getting to know you.

December 24th, 2011, 06:09 AM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
Welcome! We were just starting that process as well, but then we got a miracle so it's having to be put on hold.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
December 26th, 2011, 11:53 PM
MommaLexi's Avatar Adoptive and Foster Mommy
Welcome Amber! I'm Lexi, single Mommy to Avery, whose adoption was just finalized last Friday I'm also Foster Momma to two right now. I didn't start fostering with the intent to adopt, it just worked out that way with my sweet Avery I fostered her for 2 years before the adoption.

FD ~ Squishy, 8mos old, Down Syndrome, Heart Disease (post open-heart surgery)
December 27th, 2011, 08:37 AM
Thank you ladies! Im glad I found this board!! If any of you have any suggestions on other boards/sites that will help with questions please feel free to suggest them

Ive always wanted to adopt at least one child! I had my daughter when I was 20 so I never thought I would be able to fulfill that "dream". I got out of a bad relationship with my ex in 2004 & he pulled a crappy stunt with the police & had my daughter taken away for 4 days (heartbreaking). After they saw he had false accusations thrown out there, they returned my daughter.

DH and I were friends who later fell in love and as a friend he stood by me through everything. A few years ago, I decided that knowing how I felt when my daughter was taken away, there had to be other women who experience the same things, no matter what their situation is, and although children are taken away for very serious issues within the family, there are also some taken away for just lack of a support systm and they need a little help. I wanted to be an advocate for the birth parent.

With that in mind, I introduced the idea to DH. DH was all for it. Only 2 things stood in my way...i felt my daughter was too little & also, we wanted to have another baby. We tried and tried and finally after like 4 years we finally had our son davidson (17 months). He is now out of the whole wonderful infant stage so we feel comfortable taking on the responsibility of fostering.

We are all for permanancy for the child whether its reunification with he biological parents or with a family and are not against adopting. Which is why we are getting dual licensed. We have taken the classes and we are just waiting to hear from our worker to get our homestudy. So far so good, I just wish the worker was a little more quicker in getting this set up! lol.

thanks ladies!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search