Update!!!

Forum: Adoption

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SarahBethsMommy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Adoption LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 22nd, 2012, 12:45 AM
Veteran
OMG DH and I got our CPR/AED/First Aid certification today! We have our meeting to set our dates for home study classes and home viewing! I am so excited! My in laws are so supportive and I have already started buying things for the nursery!

Any updates for anyone else?!
January 23rd, 2012, 08:49 AM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
No update here. We put everything on hold due to our recent surprise pregnancy and subsequent loss. We're taking a break to heal both physically (I ended up with emergency surgery) and emotionally.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
January 24th, 2012, 07:44 PM
mamma_anna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's exciting!!! Glad things are going well for you so far.

(((HUGS))) Augie

Our adoption update: We celebrated 1 year since finalization on Jan. 19th. (well....sort of celebrated)

January 24th, 2012, 07:52 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry Augie

Marie's five kids are now 7,5,4,4 &2!
January 25th, 2012, 02:12 AM
Veteran
Augie: I am so sorry for everything You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Mamma_Anna: Congrats! How long did it take for you to get your little one?
January 25th, 2012, 06:13 AM
SarahBethsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh, Augie, I hadn't heard. I'm so sorry for your loss. Prayers for quick physical healing, though I know the emotional healing will take a long time.

Congratulations Mama Anna on your 1 year anniversary!!

I have filed the papers with the lawyer. We'll get a court date around the first few weeks of March hopefully, but it could be later into March, so we'll see.

I just started a new job in the neonatal ICU and I'm so busy lately I barely have time to think. We are on hold for fostering until I get a little more established into our routine and can save up some time off. Then we'll go back to fostering emergency placements.

Thank you to AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggie!
January 25th, 2012, 02:57 PM
Veteran
Congrats on your new job!
January 26th, 2012, 07:04 PM
Veteran
We are officially "paper pregnant"!!! We start our CORE training on FEB 4 and the next one on FEB 18 Then we are pretty set for the home viewing which will take place the last week in FEB and first week in MARCH!!! By MARCH 31st we are ready to start looking for our child or children!!!! We have the mandatory 11 hours a year of continued training that we are doing in March as well!!! OMG this is so real and coming together nicely! Prayers needed!!
January 27th, 2012, 12:38 PM
mamma_anna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmptyWomb View Post
Mamma_Anna: Congrats! How long did it take for you to get your little one?
Less than a year from the time we found out about her to adoption day. But we didn't have to wait for a placement. It was a kinship adoption. We weren't even thinking about adopting until her birthmother asked us to take her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahBethsMommy View Post
I just started a new job in the neonatal ICU and I'm so busy lately I barely have time to think. We are on hold for fostering until I get a little more established into our routine and can save up some time off. Then we'll go back to fostering emergency placements.
Beth, That's wonderful about the job!! I bet you're a great nurse! How are you liking it so far? Kayla was in the NICU for a short time after she was born. I loved her nurses.

Quote:
We are officially "paper pregnant"!!! We start our CORE training on FEB 4 and the next one on FEB 18 Then we are pretty set for the home viewing which will take place the last week in FEB and first week in MARCH!!! By MARCH 31st we are ready to start looking for our child or children!!!! We have the mandatory 11 hours a year of continued training that we are doing in March as well!!! OMG this is so real and coming together nicely! Prayers needed!!
Wow! Congratulations! Things seem to be happening fast for you! I'll definitely be praying that everything goes well. KUP.

January 27th, 2012, 11:19 PM
Veteran
Thanks so much Mama Anna!!
January 31st, 2012, 08:42 AM
Nár lagaí Dia do lámh!
Quote:
!!!!

Thoughts and prayers coming your way!
January 31st, 2012, 08:47 PM
Veteran
Thank you so much!! We are truly excited!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search