Preparing...

Forum: Adoption

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Adoption LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 25th, 2012, 02:32 AM
Veteran
DH and I have decided to start stocking up on things we will need for the adoption. We have elected to not adopt over the age 18 months UNLESS there is a sibling group, that is comprised of a 2-3 year old and a baby. We got a call about a 13 month old and a 2 month old yesterday and will be looking over the file on THURSDAY! SO.. needless to say if this does not work out in our favor, we will continue to keep looking. IN the meantime, what are some things we should start getting for the nursery? I do not want to get too much before we know, but we are doing a gender neutral theme and already picked out a 4-in-1 Crib. TIA!
January 25th, 2012, 06:19 AM
SarahBethsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wouldn't get crazy, but you can always go ahead and get some diapers, wipes and such. I love my dresser that serves as a changing table too. Get a few toys like shape sorters and things that play music. Every kid likes those kind of things. Maybe even a few sets of clothes as you can get kids quickly and it is nice to have something to change them into and then go shopping.

Most stuff, though, I would wait and see what the child likes. You might get a little boy who is in love with trucks and you'll want to get stuff like that. You might get a little girl who adores flowers and bugs and you want to get stuff like that. Also, if you do get an older child, take them to the store and allow them to pick out a few things just for themselves. And let them know that this is just for them. It is theirs (whatever it is... a teddy bear or whatever). Even kids as young as 2 who have been in foster care understand that nothing is ever really "their own."

Also, with the older kids, try to find out foods they enjoy and just make those for a bit. Then transition to the healthier foods or foods that you and DH like.

Good luck! I pray your children find you soon!!

Thank you to AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggie!
January 25th, 2012, 02:59 PM
Veteran
Thank you so much! I have been praying that GOD sends us our FOREVER CHILD OR CHILDREN to us. THere are so many who have nothing and we want to give them the world.
January 30th, 2012, 09:02 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
how exciting!!
January 31st, 2012, 08:41 AM
Aillidh's Avatar Nár lagaí Dia do lámh!
A little belated...but how exciting!!! How is everything going?
TTC#1 Red Sox Fan
Mama to Pit bulls (Z&M)

January 31st, 2012, 08:46 PM
Veteran
We have started our official process and have our first CORE TRAINING class this Saturday and then the following a week and half later In March I have my continued 11 hours of training the first week of March So by May we will begin looking for our baby/babies!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search