New here!!

Forum: Adoption

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Adoption LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 31st, 2012, 03:16 PM
dansyl's Avatar Missing my angel baby!
HI! I'm Kara (26) and my wife is Terra (38). We are TTC using donor sperm, but we are also in the process of going through foster/adoption classes!! We are nervous because we were told during the first meeting that we may foster 20 kids before one comes up for adoption, but we know plenty of people personally that have fostered and been able to adopt one or more of their foster kids. We will also be on the waiting list for a pair of siblings, age 5 and under. We had our informational meeting last Thursday and this Thursday will be our first actual class. We have 10 classes to attend. We are soooo nervous and scared but soooo excited!!!

Thank you jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

Adopting our miracle baby due Sept 2014!!!
January 31st, 2012, 08:55 PM
Veteran
Welcome to this board!!

My DH and I started our process this past month and have our first training class on FEB 4! The agency we are using is out of Colorado and they only require 16 hours of core training and 11 hours of ongoing training which means two 8 hour classes this month and one 8 hour class the first week of March and 3 hours of continued training on our own, pretty much reading 3 book on Foster-Adoption.

We too are going through the Foster care system to adopt BUT our primary goal is to adopt so we will not have children placed in our home. The reason our adoption is called Foster-Adopt, "Waiting Child Program" is that there are children already cleared to be adopted and we have the 6 month "foster parent" status for going through the State. It pretty much is the length of time for us to get the legal name change and get use to the child/children. We are looking for a sibling group, twin group, or just a single child under the age of 12 months. SO far we have found a twin group that is 7 months old, 13 month old and 2 month old, and singleton that is 6 months old. This to me is amazing and given our finish date and the official adoption ready status to be placed on our file... we will be able to adopt at least one of the groups mentioned.. GOD has opened so many doors for us with this journey. My DH is in the military and getting assigned to Colorado was the best thing that ever happened to us.

Good luck!
February 1st, 2012, 06:22 AM
SarahBethsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How exciting!

I'm Beth. I'm a foster to adopt, straight foster and bio mommy. I have three kids (two bios and one foster/soon-to-be-adopted) and a I have another bio son who died at birth. It has been a very long journey, but we are so excited!

I can't wait to hear more about where you are and following along in your journey. Feel free to ask questions, post comments and jump right in! I love getting to know all the folks in this room.

Thank you to AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggie!
February 1st, 2012, 08:26 AM
dansyl's Avatar Missing my angel baby!
Thanks ladies!! Our primary goal is to adopt a sibling group... But I don't think we are opposed to fostering in the meantime. My wife was adopted and do was her mother. She is 38 and I can still see effects of what she went through when she was in foster care. We are very excited about finding out forever child!!

Thank you jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

Adopting our miracle baby due Sept 2014!!!
February 1st, 2012, 08:00 PM
Veteran
YAY!! I love the term FOREVER CHILD!!! It just makes my heart melt!! keep us posted!!
February 23rd, 2012, 12:47 PM
mamma_anna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
A little late to the party but I just wanted to say WELCOME!

I'm Anna. My husband Rick and I adopted our 4th daughter through kinship adoption last year.

I'm glad you're here and can't wait to get to know you. Hope things are going well. Any updates?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search